Same MJ new leak

Hi manchers

got me a new issue with an oil leak, in the MJ's last visit to the mechanic to fix some oil leaks, they also change the oil sensor-sender, i believe that it was tightened more than its supose to and cracked the engine block, when degreasing the engine a major leak began and i started to look for it when i discovered that these piece was all covered with hi-temp silicone to prevent leaks i guess,

bottom line is the damn thing is broken

What can I do guys

Do i need another engine ????

can I fix it somehow????

Hi manchers

got me a new issue with an oil leak, in the MJ's last visit to the mechanic to fix some oil leaks, they also change the oil sensor-sender, i believe that it was tightened more than its supose to and cracked the engine block, when degreasing the engine a major leak began and i started to look for it when i discovered that these piece was all covered with hi-temp silicone to prevent leaks i guess,

bottom line is the damn thing is broken

What can I do guys

Do i need another engine ????

can I fix it somehow????

I agree with Corey, I would take that mechanic to court! I hand tightened mine when I replaced it, and the fact that he tried to hide it from you is unforgiveable. Maybe someone that welds or solders might have an opinion on how to fix this :dunno:

If it can be welded and re tapped, then you will have to deal with the possibity that metal shavings have gotten into your oil galleys going to screw up who knows which bearing in your engine. I'm not sure that it would be possible to repair that properly with the engine in the truck and together. At least not to the point that I woudnt be worried that everything would be OK when its done. The redneck answer would be to use some JB weld and a little praying, not that Ive ever done anything like that! :yes: :yes: :yes:

I'd sue the mechanic. There's no way to properly fix that, not that I can think of anyway.

Yes Geonovast that would be the best way to go, but I'm already visiting the court after the accident i posted a couple months ago, and talking about Mexico ; process could last forever man...between work, court, girlfriend and work at home I'll be busy 24/7 thanks to our nation wide tradition of burocratic delays... :shake:

anyways ...I'm thinking about grind down the area , use an adapter and a new sender, ,

What the experts think about my plan??

Now, I'm not condoning this, but if it were one of my trucks, I'd probably just JBweld the thing shut and carry on with my life (with my fingers crossed). Oh, and never use a Fram oil filter.

• 4 weeks later...

fIRST made some space to work in the afected area, removed coli, battery and relays

then , did a clean up on it

Used a grindger to remove the broken pieces

i bought a thing to re-do the thread deeper in the engine block.

after that i used one of those magnetic sticks to recover bolts and all to get the pasticles out of the hole and did a new clean up

ask my technician for some tools,

he didnt seem to care jaja

Then i installed an adaptor for the sender using a small amount of white plumbing sealant ( don't know the name of it )

and finally got my new oil sender unit installed

Problem soved , no leaks , oil gauge working and feels like i won the lottery for the money i saved :yes:

ask my technician for some tools,

he didnt seem to care jaja

So.......I take it your "friends" don't ask to borrow your tools???

I know, I wouldn't even ask if a Shepard was sitting next to the tools :roll:

Now, I'm not condoning this, but if it were one of my trucks, I'd probably just JBweld the thing shut and carry on with my life (with my fingers crossed). Oh, and never use a Fram oil filter.

I saw that orange filter in the picture

Great job, glad it ended that way. It is always the little things that distinguish a talented auto tech from an auto tech that delivers. I spent years trying to find the latter, and actually found one that doesn't forget to finish something because their boss has them on 3 projects simultaneously. Unfortunately to turn a profit many small garages out here hire one ace auto tech and two beginners and gives them three moderate jobs simultaneously :ack: . In that kind of environment things get broken that shouldn't (like in your case ) or simply overlooked.

I know aemsee, I'm guilty about the filter :doh: , after the loss of my new oil had to buy a new gallon of quaker state 20-50

so i put that filter until i got enough money to do the entire service again with new spark plugs ,8mm cables and more,

how about a mobil filter???

inst too expensive??

cause' around here mopar filters are really expensive guys

i read through one of those oil filter review threads one time and the orange fram I believe was the worst on the market. They are put together poorly and have a bad leak down valve which allows all the oil to leak out of the filter when your car is parked which means it takes that much longer to get your oil pumping at startup because you have to fill the filter again.

i think if you move up to the better grade fram you are ok, or even the super-tech from Walmart is a big improvement over the orange fram.

Wix and Mobile1 make good filters.

Most decent oil filters are made by champion labs.

Another example of why I never use a "mechanic" if I can possibly do the repair myself. Looks fine and will last a long time. Super recovery work. :cheers:

:agree: :agree: :agree: that way if something goes wrong(which it normally does either way ) Its my fault........... :chillin: I trust .......Myself ........sorta :hmm:

Another example of why I never use a "mechanic" if I can possibly do the repair myself. Looks fine and will last a long time. Super recovery work. :cheers:

:agree: :agree: :agree: that way if something goes wrong(which it normally does either way ) Its my fault........... :chillin: I trust .......Myself ........sorta :hmm:

You save a lot of money, and nobody will treat your truck with more care and love than you, at least you will be certain of what got broken in the process , wich means "No surprises"