Organ donor!

How tough was the s10 seat install? Have any shots of the brackets you fabbed? That seat looks great in there. jamminz.gif

I'll try to get some bracket pics. It wasn't horrible. I probably could have done them better, but I was going for structurally sound, not pretty! The MJ tranny hump is way taller than the s-10's, so I had to raise the whole thing up. The front inner mounts had to be mounted to the tranny hump itself. I welded studs to 14 gauge 3 inch plates, then welded the plates to the tranny hump. I knew that direct welding the studs to the tranny hump, they would have pulled off in no time. The front outer mounts had to be raised about 3 inches, and I bolted them through the frame rail lip for strength. the rear outers both sat level on the floor, and bolted through the framerail lip. the right rear inner got a 2 inch riser made of 2x4 box, and bolted through the floor in two places, the 2x4 box distributed the weight, because I couldn't get to the frame, so it's just bolted through the floorpan, and I didn't want to compromise the floor. The tranny hump extends out more on the driver's side because of the T-case, so the driver's rear inner mount is welded to the hump, just like on the front inners. I got the seats free. that's the only reason I put them in there. If I had to buy them, I just would have found some nice clean XJ buckets. All in all, I'm really happy with how the S-10 seats fit and look in there. I say, if it's free, make it work!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Well, it's been a while! I changed the name of this thread, because the small block is no more. :( Financial times were tough a year or so ago, and I sold the motor for the old girl. I planned on rebuilding the motor she had in her, (Dead main bearings, rod bearings, cam bearings, and lifters), She wasn't getting any oil to the top end. oilflow was making it halfway up the pushrods, and that was it! Anyway, funds have been too tight for even that! She's just been sitting in the driveway. A few months ago, a buddy of mine blew up his trans, so I sold her trans. Then I wanted to replace the whole driveline, with an automatic, and an HO motor, but once again, times are tough, and I just couldn't afford the time or money involved in making it happen. So she sat for a few more months. I decided, and committed to stealing the whole driveline and harness out of my XJ, to get the manche on the road again. This was hard because there was nothing wrong with my XJ, and she's been a great rig, has never let me down, and only has 113k on the odometer! None the less, I committed to it, and did it! Since this killed my wheeling rig, the manche had to become a dual purpose rig! I ordered a set of spring perches, and did my SOA. Then, I swapped in my front lift goodies out of my XJ. 5 inches of lift wasn't enough though, so I ordered new springs, lengthened my UCAs, and built extended bar pin eliminators for the front end. (At what will be ride height, my 6 inch lift shocks only had like 3 inches of droop left, and that just won't do!) Anyhow, she's back on track, and I now have a short list, instead of a long list. I haven't recieved my 8 inch springs yet, but here are some pics of her with all my XJs goodies, plus a 1 inch puck. (These are all before my control arm mods, and bar pin eliminators, so don't b*@$£ at me for the axle sitting too far back in the wheelwell!) It's nice and centered at what will be ride height, and is lookin pretty good. I also swapped on my soft 8s, and 33s off my XJ. (They don't look like 33s, because they are 16 inch wheels) Anyhow, you know she is bigish, because I'm running 33s, and stock flairs! Sorry for the super long update, but I haven't updated this in what, 2 years? I'll upload more pics after I get my new springs in her. It feels good to have a short list finally! She's down to installing a new radiator, springs, and bleeding the brakes! The interior is a different story. My MJ has the $#!&ty gauge cluster with nothing but speedo and fuel gauges, and the rest is dummy lights! Well, my XJ is a laredo, and has a full cluster, and power everything, so I'm swapping the door guts, the dash and wiring, the vent windows, and whatever else I can! The XJ has all the switches in the dash for rear defog, and rear wiper, so that'll give me nice pre-wired circuits for some auxiliary goodies. It also has the comfort/power tranny control switch, which is great for towing/mountain roads! Ok, sorry, I'll come with the pics now!

Lol! It only got an all over, because I had to patch so much rust, and fix multiple wrecks! I'm a painter! Painters cars ALWAYS need paint! Same as mechanics cars always run like $#!&! (And don't tell my wife about the chick magnet thing!)

My cousin bought a vinyl plotter, and is trying to integrate it into her graphic design business. Anyway, $13, (After family discount), got me some Bedside vinyl! It's supposed to be 6 year, out door quality stuff! Here's a few pics.