Rear Main Seal "Fixer in a Can"

I got a rear main seal that is leaking, not a bad leak, but, leaves a few drops of oil after sitting for a day or two. I know the proper way is to have the seal fixed by removing the transmission, however, I don't have the ability to do that. Just wondering if any of the sealers in a bottle/can work? If so, which one?

Thanks again.

mk--the haynes repair manual (18 bucks at advance) has a section with detailed instructions or if your like me THEY HAVE PICTURES...lol it even says you can remove the upper piece with a screw driver, but like geono said don't scratch the crank......

Nope, RMS on the 4.0 is a two piece seal, you have to drop the oil pan and rear main bearing cap, and just be very very careful not to scratch anything.

And if you do scratch something... Buff it out with scotchbrite until it shines again.

(I learned today that the RMS on my cummins is a 1-piece design, and it's doing the whole exxon valdez thing right now, yay)

i picked up some stuff at advance auto for like $18 that i think was in a gray bottle.i put it in a 92 astro van that was pouring and in about 2-300 miles it quit leaking.for $18 it's worth a try.

i wouldn't use it in my vehicle but i had just done a valve job on a guys 4.3 astro van and his rear main was leaking as well.he couldn't afford to fix both but 4 months later and it's still holding up not leaking.

i would check also the oil filter adapter ring/gasket makes a big mess down there around the rear oilpan area

i was pretty sure i had a bad rear main seal and all it took was a 2 dollar seal on the oil filter adapter