Welll the manche is gone....for a Cummins

WyoCherokee

Yep traded her in on a 2001 Cummins

Image Not Found

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :fs1: :fs1: :headpop: :mad: :nuts: :no: :ack: :dunno:

dude. why? they can't have offered you much for an MJ. after all, they are a stealership and have no concept of what the MJ is really worth (at least as trade-in).

and now, someone who probably won't appreciate the truck is going to buy it and likely send it down the to the s-crap pile eventually.

If you haven't read my signature yet, stick or auto? If auto, baby it until you get a new t/c and valve body. I actually blew up the t/c so bad i locked the tires up for a split second doing 60. Bent every shaft. Good truck though. 295K miles. 800 Ft lb of torque. Expensive as all get out to maintain. I too left the MJ for the fuel oil burner. Blew it up, now i am back. Good luck. jamminz.gif

Rob L.

my buddy jus flipped his second cherokee in the past 6 months, easter sunday, and now instead of buying another cherokee, hes looking for and f250 or dodge 2500, tried to talk him out of it, but no can do, he said he needed the leg room, also probably much more comfortable on the 10 hour drives between school(AK) and home(houston)

MARK MY WORDS: i will never go auto behind a diesel. they can't handle the torque i don't care what anybody says. Yep shes a 6 speed. Air intake, exhaust, edge programmer. holset turbo, dual yelloowtop optimas.

Nice truck. I have been wanting one for a long time too.

I do agree on the trade-in deal though. They probably put $300 in it on real trade value and took $2700 off of hte truck that you bought. There is no way that they gave $3000 for the MJ. I spent many years working in dealerships as a salesman, a tech, and in parts...I know the tricks. ;)

What matters most, though, is that you are happy with your decision :thumbsup:

MARK MY WORDS: i will never go auto behind a diesel. they can't handle the torque i don't care what anybody says. Yep shes a 6 speed. Air intake, exhaust, edge programmer. holset turbo, dual yelloowtop optimas.

Depends on what auto. A stock Allison 1000 can easily handle 700ft lbs. With a few custom parts upwards of 1000.

But I would still take a 6 speed diesel over an automatic. I decide what gear I should be in, not some computer trying to think for me.

Nice truck, but I don't think you should have traded in your MJ. Could have probably talked him down $3000 without a trade, making the final price the same. Why? Because on paper an MJ isn't worth hardly anything as a trade.

So now that you have the tow rig, when are you buying your next Jeep?

Nice Cummins!!!! We have a 2001 6-speed at home too. It has been very reliable for us, glad you stayed away from the auto, seems to be nothing but a headache for the people that own them. Keep the oil and fuel filters changed and it will run for a long long time.

• 7 years later...

OK, i had to drag this old post back up, The admins are working on merging my 2 accounts in to one. But i am back into the MJ world with this: a 90 eliminator. :)Image Not Found

nice! What lift and size tires? :D

havent gotten the tape measure out yet, but i would guess about 4" and 31's

OK, i had to drag this old post back up, The admins are working on merging my 2 accounts in to one. But i am back into the MJ world with this: a 90 eliminator. :)Image Not Found

nice! What lift and size tires? :D

havent gotten the tape measure out yet, but i would guess about 4" and 31's
figured about that. Looks great.