Think its worth it?

Kelly Blue book only goes back to 1989 but for an 89 long bed 4cyl 2wd with ac and ps, excellent value is only $1860. You go back to 1986 which that truck is and I'm sure it would be lower. The price is too high for what it is. If you could get him down closer to $1500 it would be worth it.

'86, 2wd, 4cyl, dummy gauges? $2400 seems a bit steep (I see $2650 on the windshield). But it does look very clean. Does it say 81k miles? The better question is, is it worth it to you? If it literally needs nothing, it might be worth that. You'll pay less for a crusty one, but you'll easily sink more than the difference in to fixing it up, also depending on how much time and effort you want to put into it.

:agree:

Seeing how he is a dealership, you should be able to pull that card. You know darn well if he took it in on a trade, he only gave them book value if that. Flash Ten one hundreds in his face and start from there. Point out anything you can see wrong with it(missing interior light as an example). Crawl under it and look for rust. He'll either bend or you'll walk away.

:cheers:

Thing is i have to go 190 miles to get it. Its a ma and pa dealership and they said they don't really go off of blue book or nada ( :nuts: ) they just add a profit onto what they get it for. Said they WILL NOT come off of 2400.00. I may just keep looking. If it was a 6cyl and 4wd, it might...might...be a little different.

Did anyone else notice they apparently sprayed the entire engine compartment with some sort of flat black paint or coating? Even covered the emissions stickers, hose clamps, everything under the hood is coated except the radiator cap and a few electrical plugs. Seemed odd to me that you would do that to a truck with that low of mileage. Something seems fishy to me. And that sure looks like rust bubbles forming on the upper part of the tailgate. I also spy a beige seatbelt hanger on the passenger side, Indicates to me someone has monkeyed with the seatbelt. I am not arguing that its in really nice shape but it also looks like "typical carlot tricks" have been used here to make it look better than it is.