MM's MJ

mm's mj

Here it is - our "new" 88 Comanche - on Day 1 after a good scrub-down. It's a 4.0I, BA10, 5 sp, short bed, 2WD (but not for long). We'll post a build-up thread with future plans, but here's where we're starting.

Some previous close encounter trashed the front bumper, but everything underneath looks good.

Truth is I really bought it just for the skull shift knob...Interior looks clean but it STINKS of animal (cat?) smell. Carpet is already gone and seat has been replaced.

Oh, those idiot lights are destined for the idiot junkpile.

Couldn't resist this shot of the Manche w/Big Brother Bronco

Very nice Mark... :cheers:

file.php?avatar=13953_1235885779.jpg
She is the cousin of one of the moderators on the site that I admin.. She was supposed to be at our annual campout weekend last April, but he ended up having to go to Japan because of his job and couldn't be there so she wouldn't come either.

Truth is I really bought it just for the skull shift knob...Interior looks clean but it STINKS of animal (cat?) smell. Carpet is already gone and seat has been replaced.

My MJ came with the identical shift knob. My wife hates it. :D

She is the cousin of one of the moderators on the site that I admin.. She was supposed to be at our annual campout weekend last April, but he ended up having to go to Japan because of his job and couldn't be there so she wouldn't come either.

haha, yea?

well I've played water polo with Tony Romo (he's from my home town)

so there.

(but she's hotter...and the girl part is the winner lol)

haha, yea?

well I've played water polo with Tony Romo (he's from my home town)

so there.

(but she's hotter...and the girl part is the winner lol)

I'm glad that you all like my avatar. :D But I mean who in the world could not love that pic because the way I see it... HOT GIRL + JEEP = AWESOMENESS!!! :yes: :yes:

Thanks :cheers: for your comments. Sadly, my Bronc was not owned by OJ - although he did drive past me during the infamous "chase" on the freeway in Southern California as I was headed home from work one day. I'm ready to sell it into someone else's pasture so I can dump...er..."invest" more heavily in the Comanche. Wouldn't even mind having another YJ or a CJ if I could find a trade.

I'll even part with the precious skull shift knob. If anybody wants it, just send me a few bucks for shipping and I'll have it on its way.

Pete - we pulled the carpet first thing, as I saw that item popping up over and over again here, so thanks - the good news is that we're rust-free.

We'll start a proper build-up topic to post pics of the few things in place so far, and more as we go.

That thing is CLEAN, with a new front fender/bumper you would be set. If you plan to wheel it after the 4x4 swap I would protect that body as much as possible. It will be worth it. I wish I had done that with mine; but its too late now for mine. :(