WOW! What a weekend!

shelbyluvv

Thursday night my 4 year old daughter, Shelby, decided that it was a good idea to play with the family cat.

Our cat has been sick for a few months now with kidney disease.

Well, that cat lit her up and bit her hand. Come Friday night her hand was red and swollen. We took her to the local Urgent Care and they ran a few tests. Before we knew it, she was getting preped for transport to the local childrens hospital. The infection spread into her blood and she needed to be admitted fast!

She spent the next few days in the hospital until the infection was under control and she colud be released. We got home late last night and Shel' is doing great.

The cat is still alive and kicking as well. It was not her fault that she was being messed with by Shelby. She has been warned that the cat is sick and does not like to be messed with. Maybe now she will leave the kitty be.

I'm gad yours is doing good.. Shhhiiiiii Pure panic comes over me just at the thought of my daughter getting hurt, or becoming sick....

I hope to that she learned her lesson.. I don't ike to be mean to my babies,, but I have to because I only see the "what if this happens" factor....

Truth is I could do without allll my Jeep's, Honda's, and toy's if I had do if it meant my kids were in trouble..

Truth is I could do without allll my Jeep's, Honda's, and toy's if I had do if it meant my kids were in trouble..

Such feelings don't change no matter how old the daughters get. Mine are now 34 and 37 and I feel the same as I did when I sold my Harley 45 Trike I was going to build when I needed to pay "birth" bills, and sold a given to me for free 1964 ChevyII Nova station wagon 283 w/3 speed on the tree when family needs were there. I would sell my 'manche to help if needed also, and put myself in total debt to help if something major medical came along.

It was so wierd feeling.

One minute she is healthy and happy and the next she has an IV in her arm, in the back of a ambulance, on her way to the children's hospital.

All in a matter of an hour. Spooky feeling!

I would have sold (or scrapped) everything I own if I knew it would of made her feel better faster.

good to hear she is doing ok. Cat bites are nasty. My cat bit my when I was getting ready to leave and PCS to P-cola. To his credit I was trying to crab a Benadryll down his throat so he would sleep the whole way. My hand hurt and was sore for about a week. Swelled up a little on the bite marks.

So glad to hear she is ok. There is no worst feeling than when your child is hurt and you can't do nothing about it.

It's not only cat bites that are nasty but scratches are about the same. Even though cats wash, their feet and mouth harbour some nasty germs. :ack: