OMG are tail lights THAT rare!?

ComancheKid45

"no paypal"

Someone should report that to ebay and get his auction pulled.

I reported it. eBay threatened to pull some of my stuff for advertising that I took money orders. They changed their rules and no longer allow anyone to advertise accepting money orders...it MUST be PayPal of another "approved" e-payment method.

Anyway...yes, you can still get them new for between $65 & $90 each depending on where you go.

"no paypal"

Someone should report that to ebay and get his auction pulled.

I reported it. eBay threatened to pull some of my stuff for advertising that I took money orders. They changed their rules and no longer allow anyone to advertise accepting money orders...it MUST be PayPal of another "approved" e-payment method.

Anyway...yes, you can still get them new for between $65 & $90 each depending on where you go.

Well it must of worked because it is no longer there. The last NOS set that I saw on ebay went for around $150-180 I think.

And where can one find these new ones for $65-90 each? Chryslerpartsdirect has one listed but it's chrome. I need the plain red one for the drivers side to match the passenger side NOS one that I have.

:cheers:

I am surprised that it was removed actually. I went and checked the payment rules again and discovered that for a couple categories that checks & money orders are allowed...and eBay Motors is one that is allowed. I don't typically list in the allowed categories so I guess that's why I thought it was a general rule.

Anyway...I didn't pay close attention, but the ones I looked up where Black on parts direct and run in the $67 range. They don't show any red or chrome any more.

56001353 - left

56001354 - right

I did something very stupid yesterday. I didnt visit the Comanche Forum. The link is gone and now I missed the whole story. What happened? :(

It was just a guy selling a pair of '88 MJ tail lights with a starting price of $100 and a buy it now of $350. It had a reserve, but who nows what that was. He also had NO PAYPAL in big red letter at the end of his description which is against eBay policy evidentally :cheers:

Sellers on Ebay are outa control. Last week I bid on a set of tie rod ends with a starting bid of .99 I bid $7.45(plus $30.55 shipping) with 4 days to go the bid remained @ .99 till the auction got down to less than 12 hours to go the seller cancelled my bid and said the item was no longer available. :fs1: I researched the item and found he had it on sale for like $70.00 I tried and he had blocked my bid.Needless to say I reported this to Ebay and they did nothing. BTW avoid Net Auto Parts at all cost he can't seem to pay by the rules. :no:

I have now emailed back and forth a couple times with the guy selling the tail lights. I offered him information to show that he was asking way too much for them with links to site that they could be found at new for a lesser price than he thought he could get for the used ones. He was a little pissy at first, but he ended up being decnet about it in the end and understood where I was coming from :thumbsup: .

I am surprised that it was removed actually. I went and checked the payment rules again and discovered that for a couple categories that checks & money orders are allowed...and eBay Motors is one that is allowed. I don't typically list in the allowed categories so I guess that's why I thought it was a general rule.

Anyway...I didn't pay close attention, but the ones I looked up where Black on parts direct and run in the $67 range. They don't show any red or chrome any more.

56001353 - left

56001354 - right

Brent, when I keyed the part numbers it pulled up, but when I did a general search, it said right side chrome was available and nothing else. That being said, I didn't know there were 3 styles. I assume the "black" means there is a style with black trim painted on in place of the chrome trim like on Hornbrod's truck, and red is just a red lens, no trim color? Finally, I could swear when I first got my truck and joined here that I learned that MJ tailights were no longer available "new"? :dunno:

They have been discontinued by Chrysler a while ago, but there have been some limited inventories still available. They are definitely getting hard to find new (if at all), but they are not "rare" enough to warrant someone trying to get $350 for a pair of used ones that had "a small crack in the corner" and "could use some polishing" ;)

They have been discontinued by Chrysler a while ago, but there have been some limited inventories still available. They are definitely getting hard to find new (if at all), but they are not "rare" enough to warrant someone trying to get $350 for a pair of used ones that had "a small crack in the corner" and "could use some polishing" ;)

They were used? OMG I thought they were New Old Stock.

If I remember right, someone called on one of the parts direct sites, and even though listed, they didn't have them.

:cheers: