wow, my mj is a totally different truck!!!!!

brdhntr

i haven't driven the mj much since i got it last april. i use it for the 5 minute romp to the dog club sometimes and haul some stuff with it. i did take it on a 10 road trip in june, and used it to deliver some truck parts.

so last night on the way to the club board meeting, i decided to hit the "power/comfort" switch as some people on ere suggested. it's a totally different truck. it actual has some power and is just nicer to drive. there's no way i'm going back. i should have done it right away! :dunce:

so now i like my little mj all that much more, and it was a keeper before. :clapping:

All it does it change the shift points for the transmission. The power setting is superior in every way for a 2.5L (otherwise the trans shifts before the engine gets to its sweet spot). 4.0s can get away with the comfort setting.

Pulling a trailer in Power mode on the Highway is nicer as well compared to the Comfort setting

Putting it in power mode and leaving it there is the best thing you can do for your transmission other then changing its fluid.

:cheers:

I also put mine in power mode 2 weeks ago. It took 1 week before the light on the switch came on tho. Either the light is acting strange or it took my tranny along time to switch modes ;)

Common problem with the dash rocker switches Jim. It's caused by contact corrosion. Next time you have your dash bezel off, pull the switch panels and douche the switches with some good contact cleaner and work them a bit. The indicator lights start to work again, and the switch may actually switch consistently. :cheers:

I also put mine in power mode 2 weeks ago. It took 1 week before the light on the switch came on tho. Either the light is acting strange or it took my tranny along time to switch modes ;)

Common problem with the dash rocker switches Jim. It's caused by contact corrosion. Next time you have your dash bezel off, pull the switch panels and douche the switches with some good contact cleaner and work them a bit. The indicator lights start to work again, and the switch may actually switch consistently. :cheers:

Thanks, Don. I'm sure before the end of summer I will have 90% of the truck apart and I will definately spend some time on the elec connectors.

mine has it i have run it in both but the power switch is the way to go. my automatic feels as if someone had put a shift kit in it because the sucker shifts hard between the gears. it'll even shift hard on comfort if i run it hard. it shifts hard enough that i can feel it shift through the seat and the floor of the truck. i like it i think that the stock locking torque converter is working better than it should. if i get it loose on wet roads it will keep spinning until i let up on it so that it will hook up again. comancheB.gifcomanche.gif