ID this comanche!

NO info on it.. but his exo looks similar to the one I have on pong in a few ways. at least the basic structure is. Check my web shot page

Which album should I be looking in?

And as far as rollover and triangulation madness...i know, i know, i know. I would probably draw up a cage and do a stress anaylsis at common loading points for a roller, if thats what I was going for...but its not.

Think of it as a 'cab slider' the one part you can't replace on these trucks is the 'cab' if you will. I just want something to drag against trees in the tight woods here, thats all. Which is why I liked this setup.

Brad

I was even thinking of making it removeable by bolting it to the sliders....heavy duty hardware obviously.

But the one thing thats got me it the cross brace under the windshield....can you still open the hood all the way (using the second prop rod hole) and use the windshield wipers? Or does one have to be sacrificed. anyone know?

Brad

if you're gonna spend the time to make it, spend the extra few hours to triangulate it and have it be something that functions.

even brushing against trees, if it's not triangulated it can fold in half.

otherwise if you don't, your ENTIRE idea is completely pointless.

sorry for the blatant honesty.

Right soooooo let me get this straight...

If i had said "I'm going to wheel my stock-bodied truck in tight woods..." and never mentioned an exo NOBODY would have said anything...

Why is it that as soon as sombody mentions puting a tube over their head, it turns into "HOLY CRAP HE'S GONNA DIE IF HE DOESN'T COVER THAT TRUCK WITH TUBE!!!!!!!"

Common now, give it a rest. I didn't ask if you thought I would live if I roll this in the desert at 96mph. I'm going to wheel it the same, either way...just wanted to try to preserve the cab a little.

I know there is a place for triangulation and serious built cages. But don't be silly.

The guys at "Extreme 4x4" rolled a buggy of theirs that looked pretty stout and they ended up deflecting the entire upper half of the cage to the side from only a minor roll. :eek: Made a believer out of me. (Not that I didn't already know about gussets and triangulation, I am an engineer after all).

This should be my most recent doodling. My plans are to have it as invisible as possible. The front sheetmetal is dispensable in my mind. But I'd like to try and preserve the inner structure. And yes, my truck will be even heavier than it is now. :D

fact:

a little extra effort = ALOT stronger exo.

do it, it won't bite you in the @$$.

don't do it, and it will. you will end up somehow rolling it and being mad you didn't heed the advice earlier.

as for caging. I'm caging the INSIDE of my cab...becaue I don't like the look of an exo on a cab.

however, I'm pretty much set on completely tubed fenders and bedsides, properly triangulated and going THROUGH the firewall and back of cab to connect, and triangulation will be VERY apparent.

I gave serious thought to an interior cage, but kept falling back to protecting the A-pillar. That's really all I want. Crunch that on a tree or a flop and it can write off a truck, or at least a truck that needs to function in the winter or other inclement weather. Some people would just slice off the top or dump the doors and go have fun, but I doubt I'm that guy. I like staying dry and warm. :D