comanche coil buckets

see thats what I'm saying. the upper is all the way in. and i had the lowers half way out which lowered my pinion angle but i put it like that right before picks to see if it fixed anything. i contacted them last night through a email ill let u no how it goes that for the sugestions i was getting pist about to rig some new coil buckets
I am starting to believe that they sent you the wrong stuff. If the uppers are adjusted all the way in and the lowers are out and you still have that much angle...it can't be the right parts for your truck.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise against chopping up anything... that lift has problems, the buckets worked FINE BEFORE the lift, the lift should be made to work WITH thos e buckets OR explicitly tell you you have to alter them...

You bought and paid for thsi product, the manufacturer has an obligation to provide to you what you bought. Give them a chance to make this right.

CW

Well first off what are your measurements for the UCA and the LCA's?

Mine was the 6.5" set up and my length was around 30" for UCA and 27.5" for the LCA(just a rough guess without havling my jeep in front of me)

Better yet check out my thread and see my install...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4976&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=45

Here is what they said.

How far forward is your axle?

((If it's "bowing" the coil springs my assumption is that you have the mounts on the frame side located in the wrong spot. Their are 3 holes where the factory crossmember mounts. You should mount the kit on the rear 2 holes on each side. If you used the front holes it will push your axle approx. 4" more forward, thus causing the coils to "bow". From the factory the crossmember on pre 1990 model XJ's and MJ's came in 2 locations depending on what motor/tranny combo you had.))

there is only one set of holes to bolt it to on the bottom and then two inners on a plate from the frame and there mount would hit my inner mount plate if it moved back any more. how it comes up and hugs each side wouldn't even be able to move back if i did cause the plate where my inner tranny bolts mount too. Could it be 'cause i had a ax4 2wd tranny and put a ax5 tranny? i told them i had the ax5 and i don't believe it should matter cause it mounts to the same place on frame.

Take a pic of the mounts and trans crossmember. I want to see where you bolted the new brackets to the frame. I think you have the mounts pushed to far forward. There for awhile you could not use a RK LA kit on a MJ because of the way the unirails and crossmember mounts were made.

i had 5.5 i sold them on craigs did same thing. these are 7.5 re coils. i have the stock coil spacer thats half inch. or so. but look at pics on previus page withe upper and lower heims all the way in. it should come in more it should not be like that and I'm tired of rk bs

• 2 weeks later...

so i talked to rock krawler and they said the crossmember would have to be moved back two inches so where the 6 cylinder mounts are which i don't have. So I'm kinda @#$%ed they told me it fit 86- something cherokees/ mj and i told them what tranny i had. ii might just chop two inches out the arms and bevel them and weld the back together.

A-hem :no:

But anyways, back to the issue at hand. I seem to remember that all MJs came with the 3 holes for the crossmember, just that the unused ones weren't tapped. Make extra sure you don't have a pair of unused holes under there. :thumbsup:

i ordered it from motion offroad and they had it drop shipped to me from rk

well there's your problem

What's whose problem?

This is not Pirates of the Rubicon. We don't like gratuitous insults and flaming of manufacturers or vendors unless you have some specific information to back up your opinion.

Either be specific, or cool your jets.

so i talked to rock krawler and they said the crossmember would have to be moved back two inches so where the 6 cylinder mounts are which i don't have. So I'm kinda @#$% they told me it fit 86- something cherokees/ mj and i told them what tranny i had. ii might just chop two inches out the arms and bevel them and weld the back together.

DO NOT CUT AND WELD THOSE ARMS!!!

They are solid stock. You had better be a really, really good welder to pull that off safely. Even then I would not put my life in the hands of a welded arm.

You have 3 options,

1. Move the mounts to the right location under the truck. This could require a lot of fab work because of where the cross member is located.

2. Cut the end of the arm off and drill and retap the threads. This will void the warranty on the arms. But, it is a safer plan than cutting and welding them back together.

3. Send the kit back and get one that will work with your current engine and trans combination.

I ran into some similar issues on my XJ install, but mine was cause of the PukeGoat in the rig. I ended up having to cut up 2 x-members to make one and mount in the rear most holes. By the looks of it you have your mounts in the front holes.

I had an install issue, and I talked to Jeremy (from rk) and he walked me through the problem. Also Adam at Motion was very helpful in the sale and customer service side.

its not that i don't have the holes i could tap. its for the rock krawler mount to move back on frame the inner forward mounts are blocking it from sliding back and the drivers side inner crossmember mount hits it and I'm not trying to don all this sheet metal work on that side where all the brake lines and gas lines run through. rock krawler should specify this stuff before they sell there product

I remember when I ordered a RK kit, the first thing they asked me was the year. Their kit is not compatible with 89 or older Jeep XJs or any MJ. I thought that might have changed with the Gen III kit. I guess not.

If you would have ordered it from them (RK) they would have told you that it was not compatible with your truck. I wouldn't blame Rockkrawler for this, blame the vendor you got it from, They sold it to you.

I ordered mine from Adam and he told me it wouldnt work, and then him and I got discussing it, and both of us broke out tape measures to figure out why... then when we figured out the holes and the x-member thing I had to do.

If I remember right... the holes for the x-member on the MJ are bolted to the frame with 2 bolts. I guess you can remove the mount. As for the brake and fuel lines.. what do you expect.

For what it's worth (which is very little at this point), that little extra bracket that MJs have is not necessary on a stock MJ. XJs don't have it. Not sure if you can work around that though. The easiest solution might be to have new shorter arms made up. :(