Interior light lens donor?

The Comanche has an interior light on each side of the cab near the window frame. They articulate up and down to turn on the light. One of mine does not work because the little bearing attached to the lens is missing, and provides no contact for the current. Are these lenses proprietary to the Comanche, or are there donor vehicles where I might get one?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Bill

There are no sources left for the factory lights. I have never seen one the does what you are describing with the "articulating" thing... :hmm: Mine were just fixed lights that didn't work anymore.

Articulate may not be the best word to describe it? Mine have three positions. Something like this -> Center - Off, Bottom - On, Top - On when door is open. Did yours not have this?

There are no sources left for the factory lights. I have never seen one the does what you are describing with the "articulating" thing... :hmm: Mine were just fixed lights that didn't work anymore.

Articulate may not be the best word to describe it? Mine have three positions. Something like this -> Center - Off, Bottom - On, Top - On when door is open. Did yours not have this?

nope...they were just fixed lights, nothing moved.

Bill...the dremel was just to expand the hole for the new light to fit properly as it was a little bigger than the old one ;)

You are right, it is not really jointed, more like a lever effect. That is the one I have. One works; the other one does not...yet.

• 2 weeks later...

The three positions for these lights are;

Centered is turned off.

Rocked one way turns only this light on (black wire).

Rock the other way and the light turns on and off with the door switch near the hinge (black wire white trace)

J B Cuz