Time Travel... Discuss...

SuperWade2

Ok.... one of my 5 things in the other thread was going to be something about how I'm a sucker for things related to time travel (books, movies, crappy TV shows, etc)...

I always thought how cool it would be to go back with a butt load of cash (some how), go to different times and buy a bunch of brand new cherry Vehicles, store them with Zero miles in a big temperature, humidity and light controlled bunker or warehouse or something, and then come back to today and have em... brand spanking new...

I was trying to think of which 5 vehicles of all time that I would go back and stash... (BTW, I'm a muscle car guy whose never been able to afford one)

1) 1968 SS RS 396 (or 1969 Yenko Camaro 427 COPO)

2) 1969 Hemi Charger

3) 1963 Corvette Stingray

4) 1967 Shelby GT500

5) 1992 Jeep Comanche (Of course...The last one off the line)

I'd also buy a semi truck load of New Parts, every part and piece available for all our Comanches and stash those in there for you guys...

I'll go back to drinking now while everyone points and laughs...

Funny I've thought the same! I'd love to see if Jesus really did walk on water, and be the inventor of something like I don't know,, MicroSoft?? I'd still like to see Jesus, and I'm not all that religious, I'd just want to see if he had Blue eyes and Blond hair... Oh and see Moses part the sea thing,, that would be hell'a cool to see... I know, I know, I'm going straight down.... Yeeee Ha!!

Funny I've thought the same! I'd love to see if Jesus really did walk on water, and be the inventor of something like I don't know,, MicroSoft?? I'd still like to see Jesus, and I'm not all that religious, I'd just want to see if he had Blue eyes and Blond hair... Oh and see Moses part the sea thing,, that would be hell'a cool to see... I know, I know, I'm going straight down.... Yeeee Ha!!

I think a pasty white dude (me) in the middle of the middle east 2000 years ago would have set of some bells... would also have to have invisibility, which is an entirely seperate fetish...

What would it take for you to go back and *ahem* buy all my cars from my ex-wife for me? b*@$£ sold them all for a case of beer apiece! '60s Mopars with big blocks. '66 Valiant Signet convertible with slant 6 and 4 speed floor shift (O/D trans from a '76 Dodge Aspen) '68 Sport Fury convertible with 383 Sonoramic cross ram. '68 R/T with 440 4 speed. '61 Saratoga 2 dr with 383/727, '62,63, 64 Chrysler 300s with 413 motor. '61 Fargo 5 ton tow truck with 383 RB hemi engine (ex-military truck from CFB Chilliwack). '80 IH 1210 shortbox stepside with 258, 5 speed Clark with O/D, 1 ton diffs (I installed those and the PS) in gloss black, '78 Dodge Warlock 360 4 speed with full chrome package. '72 Newport convertible with 361 auto. '76 D200 crew cab long box with Pteradon 506 (400 block and 440 crank plus some goodies) 5th wheel hauler.

Some others sort of worth a mention: '61 Vauxhall Victor Super 101 race car. '59 Victor wagon (picture a 'shrunken '57 Chev Nomad). '65 Chev Belair 2dr post. '55 Pontiac Strato Chief 2 dr post (Sparkling Blue was it's show title). '66 Vee Dub van with Mazda Cosmo engine and 5 speed (top speed 120 mph according to the radar ticket I got)

I walked away from 10 years with 3 great kids (who decided on their own to have nothing to do with her) and my '69 F250 pickup (because it was so rusty and didn't have an original motor or shifter so no-one else could drive it easily)

soapbox.gif Heck, I would just love to go back in time, and put my foot in some one's @$$, :rant: to the time when the our beloved :dunce: government got the grand idea :idea: to give our money to some insurance company (witch is paying for my work comp), banks to buy up all the bad mortgage loans, and now auto makers for there stupid screw ups. Um yea right.

If they gave us the money instead, had us pay taxes on it, we could have received $250,000.00 a piece after taxes to us tax payers.

Then we could have paid off our bad mortgage loans :clapping: , invested money and the insurance companies and banks would get a nice percentage :eek: , and we would buy any of the cars that we wanted.

I would love to have a Ford GT in my front yard. jamminz.gif

If the government gave everyone that sum of money, it would deflate the economy because the rich would become poor and the dollar worth less than it is now. I say they should buy all the mortgages and give everyone a 1% loan. End result is people pay off their mortgages faster at less money so they have more money to spend on other things.

Real Estate sells faster, gov't gets more money from property sales, people can afford houses easier. THAT is the WIN WIN situation!

Um sorry.

To get this topic back on track, I would travel back in time and get a 1964 1/2 mustang convertable, a 1957 T-bird, 1955 ford f-100, 1954-56 c-600 (comercial grade f series truck, f series nose but a cab over truck) etc..

All with less than 100 miles on them. Store them till now and then sell them as non restored.

I'd buy 3 hard top '71 hemi cuda's

71hemicudafront.jpg

1 convertible '71 hemi cuda

1971_Red_Hemi_Cuda_Convertible_rear.sized.jpg

Then I'd buy a car that I could actually drive hard, in good conscience.

A 71 or 72 road runner with a 440.

pic_muscle11_1.jpg

I'd sell the three hard top cuda's (and buy a small island with the money), and keep the 'vert in my living room. The RR would be a killer fun daily driver, since they're not worth a ton.

*beep beep*

I'm thinking now that I would go back and stop myself from making this post!

:cheers:

But then you would've never made the post, thus never would've gone back to make sure you didn't! You'd be stuck in a loop!

I'd buy 3 hard top '71 hemi cuda's

1 convertible '71 hemi cuda

I kind of agree with Hawk except:

1-1970 Hemi 'Cuda convertible, four speed (1 of 5)

2-1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertible, four speed (1 of 3)

3-1970 AAR Cuda with four speed in Hemi Orange

4-1970 AAR Cuda with four speed in Lime Twist

5-1970 AAR Cuda with four speed in In Violet

My dream (in actual size of course and yeah, they're all 'Cudas)

Ok, I was going back for muscle cars and most everyone else went economy, housing markets etc... I guess I just need to drink until I can time travel...

Loved your Yenko Camaro pick, can't pass that one up. Didn't they have a few other sweet rides? A 427 Impala I think? I'd also have to pick up an original Shelby Cobra, anything that Smokey Yunick (sp?) touched, and a '69 Chevelle 396. That would just get me started. Oh, and definitely a GTO.

I would however, have to pull a Biff Tannen and take a sports history book back with me and a few hundred bucks to ensure my financial future! :brows:

here's what i would do. Get a badass car from nowadays(doesnt matter if i steal it, ill be going back in time anyways) then go back in time and sell it for a crap ton of money to GM or someone. then i would put that money in a bank that i know will still exist in my own time and let the intrest build and build. then come back to the future and see how much engine technology has improved, if at all. and if not then i would withdrawl all of my money from my time then go back in time to buy some cool $#!& :brows: .

here's what i would do. Get a badass car from nowadays(doesnt matter if i steal it, ill be going back in time anyways) then go back in time and sell it for a crap ton of money to GM or someone. then i would put that money in a bank that i know will still exist in my own time and let the intrest build and build. then come back to the future and see how much engine technology has improved, if at all. and if not then i would withdrawl all of my money from my time then go back in time to buy some cool $#!+ :brows: .

Problem is you will crash too far back in time (1947) and people will think it's a UFO!