gots me some tires, yes I did...

mjeff87

thanks guys, it was one of those "right place at the right time" kinda deals...they came with a set of 15X10 alloys, which I already sold to another jeeper down here for $50.

One of them has a minor sidewall cut (still holds air fine) that I'll run as the spare. I may tube it anyway, they are only 2 ply sidewalls. But for the price, I couldn't pass on them.

Now with 35's, 4.56's and the 4.0 I should be back in the sweet spot on the highway.

Jeff

Now with 35's, 4.56's and the 4.0 I should be back in the sweet spot on the highway. Jeff

Yeah Jeff, looks like you will be nearly perfect. You should be running about 200 RPM faster at 65MPH than a stocker w. 3.55 gears and 28" tires. That's golden. :D

Yeah Jeff, looks like you will be nearly perfect. You should be running about 200 RPM faster at 65MPH than a stocker w. 3.55 gears and 28" tires. That's golden. :D

Yeah, my current 33's+4.56+65 mph = @2500 rpm

It's doable, but this engine LOVES right around 2000-2100, hope I'll get right around there with the swap.

And first gear is good up to about 6 mph right now....maybe I'll be able to use it again ;)

Got them mounted today at Merchant’s Tire (and also spend 6 bills on new skins for the wife’s car). They only charged me for mounting/balancing for four tires, but they did all five…..

Jeff

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Wheel wells filled just enough.

Well, that.....yeah. Sawzall's coming out, or else I'm gonna pull the front flares entirely. It's got the turning radius of a garbage truck right now. I was looking at Mack's XJ on Saturday, think I'm gonna do what he did.

I'm planning on bringing it to work tomorrow (interstate ride) so I'll report on the RPM's later. Just running around town, I can already tell they've dropped. And I can use first gear again!

Jeff