what do i do about this? (photo attached)

i was working on my idle issues when i noticed a gap in between the head and the threads. lifted right out. how should i go about fixing this? please don't tell me i need a new intake manifold. how can i get that out?

you need a new sensor for sure, and to get that out you need to use a tool that's threaded backwards and fits in the inside of the broken part in the manifold. I cannot for the life of me remember what the tool is called, but places like advanced and Menards have them (especially if you go to the plumbing section and just ask the team member what they'd suggest)

That same thing happened to me a few years ago and I used an EZout to remove it. But since the sensor bulb where the EZout will be biting into the soft brass bulb sensor housing, it ate thru the brass and buggered up the pipe threads in the head. So I had to drill it out and re-tap it, then install a new 1/2" NPT to 3/8" NPT brass bushing. Not a big deal, but there's not much room to work in back there............... 8)

If you work GENTLY you can get it out with a hacksaw blade. I do this a lot with brass sprinklers in Alum. pipe. Take just the blade from a hacksaw and make a cut in one spot the length of the fitting. Cut it as far as the threads. Do the same thing about 15 degrees away same as the first cut. Then use a small chisel and hammer to knock that small section out of the threads. That will allow you to unscrew the rest of the broken fitting without messing up the threads. Good luck.

If you work GENTLY you can get it out with a hacksaw blade. I do this a lot with brass sprinklers in Alum. pipe. Take just the blade from a hacksaw and make a cut in one spot the length of the fitting. Cut it as far as the threads. Do the same thing about 15 degrees away same as the first cut. Then use a small chisel and hammer to knock that small section out of the threads. That will allow you to unscrew the rest of the broken fitting without messing up the threads. Good luck.

Sounds like an excellent plan of attack. I'll file this away for future use. Thanks! :cheers: