Question about seafoam Need kind of fast

The way I was always taught to do it (with Marvel Mystery Oil) was to pour roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of the can through the carburetor or throttle body slowly. The engine will start to smoke heavily and run very rough, but pour slowly enough that it keeps running. When you get to about 1/3 can (bottle) left, dump it in fast. The engine will choke and stall. Let the stuff sit and soak for about 15 minutes to half and hour, then start it up and run it to clean out the gunk.

Did I mention that it will smoke -- HEAVILY?

The way I was always taught to do it (with Marvel Mystery Oil) was to pour roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of the can through the carburetor or throttle body slowly. The engine will start to smoke heavily and run very rough, but pour slowly enough that it keeps running. When you get to about 1/3 can (bottle) left, dump it in fast. The engine will choke and stall. Let the stuff sit and soak for about 15 minutes to half and hour, then start it up and run it to clean out the gunk.

X2

That is exactly what I did, the only thing I have to add is it ruined my spark plugs.

I poured it in through the throttle body and when it stubbled a bit...I just slowed down a bit on the pour or I bumped the RPM's up a little. Either way, the stuff is great :cheers: I add a can of it to the gas tank in all three of our vehicles every now & then too.

Marvel Mystery Oil?

You're dating yourself there,kid!

Not really. MMO is still available. For me, that was a "recent" replacement for when Pyroil disappeared from the market. Pyroil was a far superior product ... which undoubtedly explains why it didn't survive.

Mine smoked like a freight train pulling a steep grade :eek: but has run a lot better. Also, oil leaks were mentioned, yes SeaFoam will do that too, just haven't had time to pull the pan yet, valve cover leak fixed with gasket and an aluminum cover :brows: New plugs went along with the tuneup.

Since this is brought up, and I'm a master thread jacker and all; I've always put half a can of seafoam in the gas tank and put the other half of it right into the oil. Is that a good idea or a bad idea?

I thought if you added it to the oil you should only do it just prior to an oil change, not necessarily as an additive to leave in there for any real amount of time or miles. :dunno:

Since this is brought up, and I'm a master thread jacker and all; I've always put half a can of seafoam in the gas tank and put the other half of it right into the oil. Is that a good idea or a bad idea?

I thought if you added it to the oil you should only do it just prior to an oil change, not necessarily as an additive to leave in there for any real amount of time or miles. :dunno:

yup, few hundred miles before oil change