Bucket Seats?

garmj

Has any one installed factory bucket seats in their MJ? I have a perfect pair out of a XJ but the floor brackets are different. :mad: Does any one have an old set of mj bucket seats with the brackets that would be willing to sell the brackets? I like to install seats as the factory does for safety and to keep an original look. Thanks

Classifieds generally go in the classifieds, but we may have a better solution for you. MJ bucket floor brackets are the same and MJ bench floor brackets. The issue becomes the center sliding rail section. The straight sliders are best and the most like MJ sliders. The curved sliders will raise the seat up a couple inches. Not exactly good for tall folk. Also, 4door XJ seats won't fold forward, but 2door XJ seats will.

ok , i don't want buckets because i want to be able to get 3 across BUT i want headrests. has any one found a 60/40 style bench that'll work in an mj ?? i'm talking about the ones that have the folding bit in the middle? but feel a bit more like buckets. i would assume that if i can get one the right width and match up my existing frame this should work.

has this been done or thought about by anyone???

ok , i don't want buckets because i want to be able to get 3 across BUT i want headrests. has any one found a 60/40 style bench that'll work in an mj ?? i'm talking about the ones that have the folding bit in the middle? but feel a bit more like buckets. i would assume that if i can get one the right width and match up my existing frame this should work.

has this been done or thought about by anyone???

I think the Dakota bench will fit... Someone on here has done that... CW maybe??????

I was looking into doing buckets on mine, but I still need the middle seat, I looked into putting a Ford truck Console into it (the ones that have a fold out 3rd seat) but it was definitely TOO big, does anybody know if there is any other vehicle that has a fold out middle seat that is a bit narrower?

sorry to hijack, it just seams that this is relevant to this thread.

Some MJs came with benches with headrests.

In either 89 or 90 headrests started coming with the bench seats, probably mandated for safety. My '90 Sportruck had headrests, my '88 Pioneer did not have headrests. My '89 Pioneer had buckets so I don't now about that year.

you can take the pedistals off your bench and install them on the XJ buckets...its simple...the pedistal has 4 rivets that hold them on..just drill them out and do the same on the XJ buckets and use some 1/4" bolts and nuts and your done...easy solution
Thanks I will scope that out this weekend. Thanks guys for all the info. :D