Hard Starting ?

Its just the way these trucks are. The ecu has to relearn everything and start from scratch. You could try replacing the crankshaft positioning sensor with the one that wires directly to the ecu, but it will still take a few turns crank.

Yea thats what I figured too just because it starts the same in the freezing cold weather jamminz.gif

These trucks rock :agree: F-U banana comanche.gif

It is completely normal for any pre-HO 4.0L to take several turns before firing. :cheers: Mine had new plugs, wires, cap & rotor when I bought it and I replaced the injectors and the IAC shortly after getting it...it still takes several revolutions to get going.

Jim, did you ever get the negative battery cable with the extra body ground?

Not yet, I will probally pick one up next week when i stop at the auto parts store. I am hopefully getting my ball joints and axle u-joints done next week too.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Jim, did you ever get the negative battery cable with the extra body ground?

Not yet, I will probally pick one up next week when i stop at the auto parts store. I am hopefully getting my ball joints and axle u-joints done next week too.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Actually Jim, we're not hi-jacking.

I know almost everyone on this forum has a problem with hardstarting.

I changed every sensor and "tune-up" part on my MJ. Nothing made a differnce.

That is until I put a negative battery cable on that had a second wire running from the negative post of the battery to my fender for ground.

My truck went from turning over 4-5 times before starting to starting instantly every single time. Maybe it was a fluke but I'd like to know if anyone else had a similar experience.

I'll take a pic tommorow in the daylight to show you guys what I have.

Hard starting is not strictly a Renix thing. I usually start much quicker when cold than when hot, but it's not all that consistent. It's almost like vapor lock. When stopping for a short time, it takes twice as many turns to start when hot, but vapor lock is a carb thing. Keeping underhood temps down usually helps on hot starts, so I'm hoping the new hood vents will help.