Junkyard score..and does anyone want some 2-door XJ seats?

Pete M

I just brought home an intact 97 XJ header panel, complete with all the lights. :D I'm going back tomorrow for the seats and center console. pics will be posted once I have the whole set.

I don't know which stars were aligned today, but one of the pull-your-part yards near me has four or five 2-door XJs in it. I'm going back tomorrow for the 97's seats, but there is also

-99 (gray and a bit dirty)

-89 (tan and a bit dirty)

-89 (gray and a bit dirty)

And I swear there was another one but I forget what it was.

All 2-door so they fold forward like MJ seats.

As I said above, I'm going back tomorrow so if anyone is interested, I'll take the camera and snap some pics for you and do a more indepth check of their condition.

It's totally up to you to figure out how to ship and how much that would be. The seats are $50 for a pair at the yard.

id love a set if the price is right... but I don't know how I could arrange for shipping.... I don't mind dirt because I can clean them up... but I really need them to be rip and cut free.. I'm interested in the gray set.

id love a set if the price is right... but I don't know how I could arrange for shipping.... I don't mind dirt because I can clean them up... but I really need them to be rip and cut free.. I'm interested in the gray set.

If shipping wouldn't cost me my left one I need a Grey Set, but I think the Shipping would be a deal breaker...

sW2

guys,, you know the covers come off pretty easy , and shipping would be about a 1/4 than the whole seat with frame,,, unless of course yous are needing the whole seat frame....

:dunno:

Yah, but i'm guessing that Pete doesn't REALLY REALLY want to mess with trying to find boxes and packaging and stuff for seats...

"It's totally up to you to figure out how to ship and how much that would be."

guys,, you know the covers come off pretty easy , and shipping would be about a 1/4 than the whole seat with frame,,, unless of course yous are needing the whole seat frame....

:dunno:

Yah, but i'm guessing that Pete doesn't REALLY REALLY want to mess with trying to find boxes and packaging and stuff for seats...

"It's totally up to you to figure out how to ship and how much that would be."

Ah ha... well nothing a 20 couldnt take care of.... :brows:

Uh, so there's a 99 gray set and an 89 gray set. You guys reeeealy need to be more specific here. :roll:

Meh... I don't have the Extra right now anyhow... will hold out for something local... Not in a hurry... It's had a bench for nearly 20 years, a few more months won't kill me...

SW2

Just remember that XJ seats varied by model even on the same years. Laredo seats are different than "normal" seats when it comes to the cover as well as how the seat is "stuffed". I don't think I've ever seen any 2 sets of seats identical in the 87-92 range, even same year/models.

Just don't want someone to get a set of wrong covers and have Pete waist his time getting you the wrong set....

So... Question.

If you already have a set of the bucket seats from a 4 dr XJ (so they are fixed and don't tilt) and you want to get set that do tilt but the fabric is the wrong color/torn... whatnot... Will the seat covers off of the ones that you have on the 4 dr frames be able to be slid onto the 2 dr frames and work? (with the addition of a cut for the release lever on the side so that they could tilt)

the covers are interchangeable as long as the seat is the same style...you'd just need to cut a slit in it for the handle.

the framework is different between 4dr and 2dr seats though, as one has hinges and one obviously does not.

shipping for the complete seat minus pedistal is less than $60 for the pair, at least from mfpdm's place to mine (I've bought two sets of black seats from him...)

just fold them up, box them with the headrest removed and put between the base and the back, and send 'em out. don't forget the seat belts for buckets are different than those from bench

Dude I am seriously interested in the 89 buckets. I would be willing to pick them up. Let me know what you want for them. :cheers:

Gray buckets in my XJ will be for sale shortly... :brows:

But yours is a 4dr. Not flip forward option.

Good point. :nuts:

But if the price is right......

Bad news. The gray 89 seats are gone. And the tan ones are of the rocker type, not the straight sliders. :( But the set of gray 99 seats are still there (2 sets actually since I wussed out on taking one).