So many projects so little time!

jeepdoggydogB

So just curious what projects folks might be doing this 4th of July weekend. I have several to ponder:

1) 97-01 grill on a 1991 MJ (I bought the 86-90 upper and lower trim pieces in the hopes of accomplishing this) special thanks to Don for the idea (Hornbrod)

2) 1999+ intake manifold

3) 1997+ mirror upgrades

4) Replacing my drivers side door regulator

I plan on flying our flag high this weekend and doing some BBQ'ing, but my wife and CFO says I have to have my ride running by work time Monday :nuts: I am also pondering buying a homelink maybe perhaps a lighted vanity mirror model from a grand cherokee to work on the MJ ;)

Hmmm, if we include the weekdays too (I'm off all week and nowhere to go), I bolted down my seat, am in the process of installing new rear leaf packs and front skid plate. Still have to move the CB antenna to the roof, possibly install chevy drop shackles and /or front lift blocks. Noting major, as most big stuff has already been done.

Well since my MJ is bypassing 2nd on the upshift I'm going to be tracking down the why fours on that. Ive already eliminated the TCU as a problem. I know my #2 solenoid, which should read 13-15 OHM is showing 0. So I'll replace it 1st and see if I need to proceeed beyond that. Seeing as how the TV's stratigically located in the garage this may take a few hours.

I am gonna be replacing calipers. And rigging up my extra motor cooler idea. It's just an extra heater core that I will be mounting in the grille like a tranny cooler. Sounds kinda :nuts: doesn't it. :D

Well I can scratch my project listed a few posts back. Solved my shift problem, it was just a blown diode in my home made 2d gear push button switch. Slapped a new one in & functions like new. : :D

1. Chop off the lower driver side quarter panel.

2. Weld the rear bumper to the brackets.

3. I'm hopeful that the winch for the MJ will show up today (but not counting on it). If it does, I'll probably work on some mock ups and start thinking about what I want to build for a front bumper.

4. I've got two tires with slow leaks on the XJ. I know where one is leaking. Need to find the leak on the other and repair both.

5. Unibearings need to be replaced on the XJ.

My wife wants me to install a couple of ceiling fans so that may delay all of the above.

Willy

I guess I will try the regulator and mirrors this weekend, from previous experience there is no way I will go out and try to wheel or boat anywhere on 4th of July weekend. Lots of crazies and drunkies on the trail and on the water out here. Have a safe and sane 4th everyone. :cheers:

I'm going to be busy,busy! I try to aviod travel here in the NE! so this will be a stay home and catch up weekend?many things to do along with a bbq this afternoon! to start I'm working on dissasembling an old cabover camper[the only way to get rid of one}so I'll put most of it out for trash and scrap what I can,then I'll work on my tow rig{'89 f350 4dr 4x4}last trip the front tank would'nt draw on inspection the fule lines on top of the tank were rusted out! any way got another tank?pump ect...,thenI'll put the crabbin' boat back together{19'carolina/55hp tiller} I have to put the lower unit back on after a new w/p,hopfully by sun mornin'I'll be able to jump on the daulsport bike and head out to warton SF for some R&R.of course I'll play in the back yard with the MJ wen I get a chance![I'mg][/img]

Got the new mirrors and drivers side window balast/regulator replaced.

2365943_38_full.jpg

2365943_39_full.jpg

2365943_40_full.jpg

All in all a great weekend! My drivers side window will now roll down all the way and roll back up. I am not gifted with being mechanically talented and I have to say the window balast/regulator was a pain to install and get working.

Got the new mirrors and drivers side window balast/regulator replaced.

2365943_38_full.jpg

2365943_39_full.jpg

2365943_40_full.jpg

All in all a great weekend! My drivers side window will now roll down all the way and roll back up. I am not gifted with being mechanically talented and I have to say the window balast/regulator was a pain to install and get working.

MAN that is NICE!

Some of those smartarse Cali folks have no taste.......... 8)

Chrome WILL return! :beerhead:

Thanks Superwade, Actually I owe Don for helping me with the 97-01 grille idea on my 1991. I have a great affinity for chrome as all my father's and Uncle's 60's and 70's muscle cars had chrome and I couldn't fathom putting anything but chrome on a 1969 Chevelle 396, Chevy Nova, Ford Mustang ETC. Don I have heard from my Uncle's that this place

http://www.mmmetalizing.com/services.html

might be able to help you with the mirrors, and in my opinion the new mirrors are great replacemements to my stock "adjustables". Miy old stock adjustables are in excellent shape and worked well but the adjustable positions they offered weren't very usefull. These new mirrors do not adjust but they are fixed in postions that are very usefull. :cheers:

doggydog, that is one very nice looking rig, at least from the front LOL :D

so do you have other pics to share? like from the side, engine bay, interior?

Thanks Superwade, Here is one of the interior

2365943_33_full.jpg

Of the side

2365943_26_full.jpg

These are old pics i'll need to get some more up on cardomain.

eff CarDomain LOL, put on the sticky here for "introduce your MJ"! :brows: Grrreat looking truck man. Do I see a compass/thermometer rearview mirror in there?

Thanks WahooSteeler, Yep it's the quadratec special, it was between that or an overhead console. My first choice was the 1994 GC for the extra map lights, temp and direction, but I kept banging my head on it so I splurged for the quadratec one. The overhead console cost-wise is the way to go unless you have the same problem I had. :mad: