TEaser DIY pics

Doesn't the header panel bolt to the fenders in the top corner? Thus wouldn't it make sense to put the new fenders on first?

Or are the 2500 fenders/header panel different?

you have to cut the old fenders to allow for the wrap-around headlights to fit in...

and, remember you have 4 bolts on top of the upper radiator support as well

you have to cut the old fenders to allow for the wrap-around headlights to fit in...

Call me crazy but I thought I read he bought the new fenders as well. I could of sworn I saw him post pics of them...

nope, you have to order 20+ fenders in order to get them...and he didn't need 20 fenders, even with the group buy. he got all four flares though :D

i'm watching this closely...got a winter project... :brows:

Call me crazy but I thought I read he bought the new fenders as well. I could of sworn I saw him post pics of them...

:D Ur not crazy U probably are talking about the image I posted in the Feeler tread I started in the clasiffied section:

Quote-----

"-For those who are wondering if the fender will need to be replaced or not .. This is how it should look like.

Either fabbing up a couple of stock fenders to that shape or getting them..

Guess it depends on each one's: Money, Skills, and time (patience).

Where I posted an image of the fenders that one of my contacts has available over seas . JeepCo Is also correct. So far none of us have order such since, as far as I know .. ( and I know) :brows: The Min. Qty has not been met.

And Yes indeed there is a gap right now. and am still custom fitting the stock ones. But It's a working progress thing .. I'll post up more images as progress evolves..

I'm actually trying to convince one of the 2 Providers of such fenders I'm talking to to bring down the min to 10 sets.. .

Also there is a possibility they will be producing such in Fiberglass .

Per small drafts it seems it might incorporate the flair . So we'll see. :cheers:

PS Should see the faces of the guys at a jeep dealership every time I drive by there...:chillin:

:D Here are progress pics (nothing quite finished yet) but everything bolted up and wiring done.

I'm at work, so let me know if img came thru , can't upload from work..Nor see images .

Had to ask my kid to upload them to the host and send me the links..

If not working , Can somebody fix it?

Thx.

:D

Peace.

By the way this is a working progress .. So everything is ruff at every corner . some stuff will be changed / or modified.. i.e. Current Bumper is there because it fits and It is a daily driver. But will be turned into a fabbed prerruner style w/ winch plate ( heavy) , Fenders ( can't afford to get a ticket driving w/o them) will possibly go to CUSTOM Fiberglass , Grill insert will be modified to include either couple of long range lights. Or replaced by a metal mesh etc. . ;)

Any Ideas ? :popcorn: Post 'em up .!!

Pretty sure some other treads about how to retro fit this front clip will follow as soon as the rest of the people that received them get started ..so there will be enough options for the build.

Now I know some dudes around here have some photoshop experience.

So maybe later can suggest a new color for the 'Manche.? :chillin:

:cheers:

Peace.

Do you have any side pics? I can see from your front pics that you have the front fenders on. Did you cut them to allow space for the headlights? I'd like to see some pics of what you did there if you don't mind.

Willy

Hey Willy :eek: Don't mind the dirty look :D Make a template of the headlight's side and set it so u can cut Your fender accordingly to ur needs. Note: I'm no Fab wiz :roll: so excuse the cut and no lip bend for finish..this are temporary fenders...there will be a space missing at the bottom half you need to fill with a contoured piece of metal and allow some extra material to bend at 90 so that u can attach to that flat end u see on the fender.. By the way there's no bumper attached ... :nuts:

Someone might ask about that big gap there... :chillin:

Regards.

:cheers:

Image Not Found[/img]

:D no optical illusion Bud.. It is crooked I'was in a hurry on my way for the 1000 and had just cut those vinyl mj's .. so I actually slapped them in a hurry ... :eek:

Been meaning to replace them .. but now that I might be replacing fenders I might just wait a tad before doing it.. ;) Care for some? :cheers:

Well thanks Man ;) Truck is getting there... still a Working progress but little by little . U'll be catching glances of progress..

Any suggestions are welcome....

Regards.

G.

• 8 months later...