Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'ax5'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Comanche Club Forums
    • Comanche of the Month (MJOTM)
    • The Pub
    • MJ Tech: Modification and Repairs
    • MJ Hardcore Tech: Epic Journeys to Greatness
    • the Street Comanches
    • MJ Tech: DIY Projects and Write-Ups
    • Member Projects: Your Comanches
    • Member Projects: Other Cool Stuff
    • Comanche Registry
    • Adventure Planning / Regional Groups
    • Classifieds
    • Forum Issues, Ideas, Testing

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 7 results

  1. Hello. I have an 87 SporTruck 4x2 with the gas 2.5L inline 4 and the AX-5 transmission. My clutch fluid was leaking out of the transmission so I pulled the transmission out and replaced the internal clutch slave cylinder. Then I started driving it again and the clutch engagement point was very low, but if I pumped it up, it would move up, so I replaced the clutch master cylinder too. I’ve got everything really nice and tightened down. I bled it once, and then later a second time. Now my clutch engagement point is moving around wildly and I am very concerned. The fluid level in the little
  2. I have been working thru various systems on my 86 Jeep Comanche. So far I have worked on the following systems 1. Serviced front axle with new u joints on both sides, new brake pads and new gear oil in the differential. 2 .Serviced rear axle with new wheel bearings, brake shoes and brake slave cylinders and new gear oil in differential. 3. Changed engine oil and filter twice. 4. Changed oil in AX5 transmission and NP207 transfer case. 5. The truck came to me with steel wheels mounted 31x10.5-R15 BGF All-terrain tires with about 20% tread left. These rubbed a little b
  3. Finally posting my truck after about a year and a half of ownership, I purchased 2 Comanches from a guy in Woodstock, Illinois. One 86 red 2.5, 2wd, dana 35 long bed and one 86 silver 2.8, manual, 4wd, long bed. All I knew about the silver truck was that it supposedly had a wiring/ground issue and was taken apart and prepared to be parted out. They were both purchased for $500, as well as an additional $150 for a stock pile of extra parts. Both trucks had rust on rockers/bed ect., but at 500 for the pair I couldn't say no. They mark the 4th and 5th Jeeps that I've owned at 20 years old, and
  4. I have a 1989 Comanche sport truck. It is a 2.5l 4cyl 2wd. I am in the current process or rebuilding the engine and doing a 4wd swap. I have pulled the ax4 as it is worn out with nearly 350,000 miles on it and intend to replace it with a Ax5/np231 combination. I have sourced a pair from a 97 2.5l TJ. Will that bolt up to my '89 block once i get done rebuilding my engine? and is there any serious modification required to do that swap? Any extra electronics on the '97?
  5. ok I'm planning on converting my 92 mj from 2x4 to 4x4, and was wondering how hard it would be to swap to automatic while I'm at it? and what all would be needed?
  6. As many of you know the peugot tranny(AX-5) that came in the renix style MJs is pretty embarassing. I was wondering if anyone knows how big of a deal swapping an AX-15 would be. I have one laying around with low miles mated to a np231. My jeep is an 88 MJ with the 4.0.
  7. AX4/ AX5 internal and external slave bellhousings are the same part. The internal slave model doesnt have the studs for the external slave or the ball stud for the throw-out, otherwise they are the same. And through comparing part numbers, they use the same clutch disc and pressure plate between the two as well. The driveshaft for a short bed 2.5, AX5, 231 combo will work in a 2.5, AX5, 207 combo. This is assuming that the 207 was only used in the 86 model Comanches. If I'm wrong please let me know. The driveshaft I bought said it was out of an 87, so I assume it was with a 231. I was real
  • Create New...