Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About NickM

  • Rank
  1. Well a sad day has come, the guy i bought the 2 comanches from originally expressed interest in the truck. I explained where it was at as a project and he decided he wants to continue it. No spoilers on where the truck sits right now, new owner is on comanche club and I'm sure he will start a build thread when he gets around to it. I was able to get all of my money out of the truck, a certain rarity with project cars lol. I'm sure that i will have another comanche in the future. I'm for sure staying here on comancheclub. hopefully i will start a build thread
  2. @Pete M I would definitely like to address the front fenders. I don’t know exactly where it falls on my list. I will just run these white ones until I buy new steel/fiberglass fenders or an aftermarket/custom armor flare. I need to see the Ares Fab one in person. James is local and I prefer to support locally.
  3. It’s been too long. I started a new job in November. Left me in a transition where I had to travel a bit for some work training in Ohio then New York. Settled in through December and got ready to be home and work on the truck ! Life happens, bought a 1992 Mazda Miata, a yellow example with only 66,000 miles from the original owner. A very good deal and a good purchase. Although it takes away much needed attention and money from the Comanche. Miata is currently listed for sale to try and infuse some money into the truck and my yj. Maybe buy a bike. Who knows lol.
  4. This is the point on most projects where i start to take virtually no pictures, unfortunately. Both bedsides and rockers are 90% done, lil bondo and some more grinding. Really tired of metalwork lol. Rockers are 2x6 Box, 1/8", no current reinforcement into unibody "frame rail", intending on adding that later. Currently, the rockers are welded to directly underneath the door, with the original bottom pinch seam for the rocker pounded flat against the bottom of the 2x6 and welded. Went ahead and connected a new starter and found that it does in fact crank ov
  5. 10 days since the last post will have to count as more recent updates lol. Spent the past few days doing some more metal work. I've got both flares tacked on to the bed armor, and the armor welded in. Still needs a final grind job. Got all the 1.5 square tube from a local metal supply's cutoff selection, $31. Turned out pretty ok in my mind, certainly better then the rust that plagued the upper fender flare area. I'm still waiting on the last few engine parts I need and I should be able to fire the 4.0 swap for the first time, here's hoping anyway lol.
  6. Trying to update a little more frequently, finished a shop project on a 1948 desoto and got to resume working on the Comanche. Had my friend's xj on the lift the past few days as he was doing a full set of frame stiffeners, few pics of that. I've had the metal for the bedside armor for a few months now, figured there was no better time then now to start. I had a sheet of 3/16 and took two 7'1.5" X 2' cuts out of the sheet. We did a rough cut on the driver bedside originally to cut out rust, then we continued measuring and consulting the factory flare on the other side to get an
  7. Yah I told the PO i would send him some pics when everything was done. His son was daily driving it to chicago until they noticed the floor one day, then it sat for about a year. Camaro is a 1968 SS 327. Grew up in that car, my Dad bought it when he was 17, around 1990. 40xxx miles.
  8. @Jeep Driver scavenger hunt: you can see that car in 2 other pictures
  9. Get ready for a word update! Pics in the next one below. So at winterfest 2018 I bent the front dana 30 vcad and all my steering, I bought an Ares Fab 1 Ton UTK Steering Kit, and a lp dana 30 from a 2000 xj for $100 already geared to 3.55. Also replaced the upper control arms with a set from Core 4x4. After fixing the carnage I took the truck for a spin around the block and found some minor brake issues that I sorted out, but more then anything I felt like the 2.8 just lacked the power I needed. We all know what that means! So I find my donor on craigslist, asking $
  10. Finished up the SOA conversion the past couple of days, did new brake lines as well. Now the rear is a little too high, thinking about changing the shackle to fine tune the height. Also threw the rims and tires from my yj on seeing as I'm going to winterfest this saturday and who doesn't like an MJ on 33's!
  • Create New...