Beer drinkers...have you tried...

BLHTAZ

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...the new Bud Light Lime yet?? Both Tina & I really like it :cheers:

It is REAL Limey? The Wife doesn't really care for Beer much... likes the Apple Brews and stuff, but Haven't found a beer that she cares for. When we went to Germany a few years ago she would drink the Beer that was 1/2 Beer (Light Brew) and 1/2 "Lemon aid", although I suspect it might have been something carbonated like 7-Up/Sprite, but not sure...

My wife hates beer too, but we found one she liked when we were on vacation last week. Blue Moon, it's a Danish wheat ale.....drink it like you would a Corona or Sol, but instead of a lime, use an orange wedge. Oddly enough, it really tastes good (even I liked it).

Jeff

My wife hates beer too, but we found one she liked when we were on vacation last week. Blue Moon, it's a Danish wheat ale.....drink it like you would a Corona or Sol, but instead of a lime, use an orange wedge. Oddly enough, it really tastes good (even I liked it).

Jeff

I'm pretty sure that I've seen Blue Moon around here with the imports...maybe have to pick up a 6'er and give it a try with some Orange...

For the Record, I'll drink just about anything called beer (There was this nasty stuff from Arizona that had a Jalepeno pepper at the bottom that wasn't top great) , it just has to be cold... not a big fan of Guinness and such but won't turn it down if that's what's in front of me... :cheers:

At the flea market here in Denver people stand in line to get that clamato + bud mix, although they mix it fresh I think. Sounds disgusting, but man it was selling like hot cakes.

Hey Taz, they still sell Zima Gold I think :jump:

Not a fan of Miller Chill either. I love just about any Mexican beer with a lime in it, Corona, Sol, and particularly Dos Equis (XX) Special Lager (green bottle).

Blue Moon is actually owned by Coors, good stuff. I've got a good buddy that used to work for Coors, and on our golf trip he'd just show up with cases of Coors products. Now he works for Diageo who is the importer for Guinness, so in two weeks when we go on our trip (yeah!!) I guess I'll have to slow the pace compared to the Coors products. Before the beer gig he worked for Nabisco. I think I'll take the free beer over the free Easy Cheese, crackers and cookies that he used to bring LOL!

Guinness is an acquired taste for sure. I used to hate it, and can still only drink it super cold, not room temp like the Irish and some of my buddies. But it's a relaxing beer once you start drinking it slow and get used to the bitterness. Still not for everyone. :cheers: :cheers:

One of the weirdest beers I ever had is a Belgian beer called Kwak. Tastes like there are bananas and liquorice in it. Had the stuff in Australia; the Aussies love it. It comes in a 1-liter tapered glass that fits only one way into a wooden cradle. The more you drink of these things the harder it is to get the glass back in the cradle w/o spilling it. Doesn't take too many either as the stuff is about 12% proof.

494px-Kwak.jpg

"G'day mate, let's go out tongiht and get really Kwak'd?" :cheers:

That would be fun to say.....................and do.

Aye, that it is mate. The Aussies make the best beer in the world, IMNSHO. My favorite is Victoria Bitter; "Hey mate, gimme a VB". After living on that stuff for a couple on months it's hard to choke down the watered down American crap. :cheers:

...the new Bud Light Lime yet?? Both Tina & I really like it :cheers:

It is REAL Limey? The Wife doesn't really care for Beer much... likes the Apple Brews and stuff, but Haven't found a beer that she cares for. When we went to Germany a few years ago she would drink the Beer that was 1/2 Beer (Light Brew) and 1/2 "Lemon aid", although I suspect it might have been something carbonated like 7-Up/Sprite, but not sure...

Yea...it has a little more lime than I would normally put in my beer, but it's not over powering. If it's the "beer" taste that she doesn't like, then she might do OK with this. I like it a lot (as I sit here drinking one), but I don't think I could drink more than 2 or 3 in a night. Kind of like real sweet candy...there is only so much you can take at one time.

I know...we are breaking a Man Law here ... "Don't Fruit The Beer" ... but, it's good.

Never cared for Zima though... ;)

8) Cool... Update us with what she thinks when she tries it.

Here is a shot of my "drink fridge"... Yes, I have one deicated to drinks :cheers:

Tina has Wine & Margaritas in the kitchen fridge ;)

Jeff

Good Call on the Blue Moon and Orange Jeff... VERYgood... Fizzed to heck and back when I slammed those orange slices in there...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm... beer...

You should try a Black Velvet... Its suppose to be made with champaign and Guinness, but I like them made with Hornsby's Dry Cider

How to: 1:1 Cider or champaign poured slowly over the stout.. Very smooth and refreshing....

I'm a seasonal beer drinker..

Roiling Rock for spring

Corona with lime and pulp for summer

New Castle "The One and Only" as my fall brew

Magic Hat "Jinx" for winter...

ummmmm,,, I'm thirsty now...

You boys need a beer education...

First off beer doesn't EVER see fruit, unless you are one or you squat to pee. :eek:

I prefer it a bit on the dark side with a good head on it, served in a frosty tall glass. :cheers:

My first choice for the past year or so has been Killian's. New castle brown ale & Bass is also very good. Guinness is too much for me. It is more like a a meal in a bottle.

I cannot drink Bud products. They give me an instant head ache. Someone told me they are from rice.

I think they fall under whats commonly referred to as Man Laws. :brows: :roll: :D

CW

You boys need a beer education...

First off beer doesn't EVER see fruit, unless you are one or you squat to pee. :eek:

I prefer it a bit on the dark side with a good head on it, served in a frosty tall glass. :cheers:

My first choice for the past year or so has been Killian's. New castle brown ale & Bass is also very good. Guinness is too much for me. It is more like a a meal in a bottle.

I cannot drink Bud products. They give me an instant head ache. Someone told me they are from rice.

I think they fall under whats commonly referred to as Man Laws. :brows: :roll: :D

CW

I 80% agree with you... but I love corona with lime,, I can drink it without, but I love the lil chunks if lime you get with each gulp..

I like Bass too, and Irish Red,, you forgot one thats a fav too,, thats Samuel Adams.... I going to the one stop now..... brb... :drool:

I prefer it a bit on the dark side with a good head on it

Uhh, C-Dub, something you need to tell us? :teehee:

Holy $#!&, I can't believe I just went there :eek: , just couldn't resist. Got 2hrs sleep last night yet here I sit on the CC. A little giddy and goofy right now....

Blue Moon draft with an orange slice is definitely a good combo. They serve another beer that I like the same way, Pyramid Hefeweizen. Yummm. Had a couple of Yeunglings and Rolling Rocks over the weekend at my lil Bro's wedding. Still like to crack a good ol' Bud every now and again. My cheap beer of choice: the High Life. :cheers: