Genssi 80W CREE LED White 1156 Reverse Lights

Are these bulbs still available then? Out of stock on Amazon. I'd like to find some decent LED backup bulbs, bought some that were advertised as 'super bright' and they turned out to be dimmer than the stock incandescents.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2x-80W-CREE-White-1156-High-Power-LED-12V-24V-Turn-Signal-Brake-Reverse-USA-/171236127337?fits=Make%3AMazda%7CModel%3A323&hash=item27de77f269:g:YNAAAOxy9tpR-W6Z&vxp=mtr

Just ordered me a set :D thinking about going 100% LED with my MJ.

Yep, those are the ones. I think you'll be very happy with the brightness.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live where there are no street lights. I'm considering these, but am inclined to go with flush mount units in the bumper.

I'm going to do both. The flush mounts will be ran off of a switch, though and just used as an extra backup light when needed. Or just to say "hey, jackwagon walking behind me, my reverse lights are on"

I live where there are no street lights. I'm considering these, but am inclined to go with flush mount units in the bumper.

Try these first - you may not need the flush mounts.

Just ordered me a set :D thinking about going 100% LED with my MJ.

I'm 100% LED except for the dash cluster lights. I'm not going to do them because I don't like how they look, all the colors I've seen, and you lose the dimming feature. You can't adjust the intensity from full off to a gradual full bright with LEDs w/o wiring in an external PWM circuit, and they behave differently depending on the LED type and total circuit load. It's just not worth it to me.

<snip>    Or just to say "hey, jackwagon walking behind me, my reverse lights are on"

You back up and hit someone/thing...You are the one who is in the wrong.  Backup lights or no backup lights, it doesn't matter.  But for us old farts, more light is a good thing!

<snip> Or just to say "hey, jackwagon walking behind me, my reverse lights are on"

You back up and hit someone/thing...You are the one who is in the wrong. Backup lights or no backup lights, it doesn't matter. But for us old farts, more light is a good thing!

I realize it would be my fault. But more light would give more warning and allow me to see more. Any person with a small amount of sense knows to watch out while someone is reversing anyways. I've been tapped by a car before because of a guy not having reverse lights and just flooring it into reverse.

"Any person with a small amount of sense....". Not many of them around these days! People walk and drive directly behind my truck all the time with my backup lights on. They seem to think they're invulnerable. Or, they're just too dumb to know better.

"Any person with a small amount of sense....". Not many of them around these days! People walk and drive directly behind my truck all the time with my backup lights on. They seem to think they're invulnerable. Or, they're just too dumb to know better.

That's a tall order these days.

As my Dad used to say. "Most folks don't know enough to pour piss out of a boot if it was upside down and the directions were on the heel."

True :D I tend to park as far away as possible to try and keep from having to reverse in a crowd. Phones kind of keep peoples attention more than walking now a days...

That, and also pulling through spaces so you will be headed out when it's time to leave.

Was wondering what are good LED lights for the tail lights. Looks like I have the answer

That's a tall order these days.

As my Dad used to say. "Most folks don't know enough to pour piss out of a boot if it was upside down and the directions were on the heel."

Just ordered 2 sets for $39.90

Adding these to my "to Do" list. Comparing the list additions to the completions, I should have everything currently on the list done by around 2035.

Cruiser - !

Keyav8r,

My to do list is even longer.  Seems each time I scratch something off the list, I buy 3 or 4 more things that go on the list...and the stuff in the garage piles higher.

Then there is the Honey Do list..

I'm 100% LED except for the dash cluster lights. I'm not going to do them because I don't like how they look, all the colors I've seen, and you lose the dimming feature. You can't adjust the intensity from full off to a gradual full bright with LEDs w/o wiring in an external PWM circuit, and they behave differently depending on the LED type and total circuit load. It's just not worth it to me.

You don't happen to have a thread somewhere talking about your led setup or your truck build by chance do you? I'm looking to go all led as well but am apprehensive on what is a decent combination for each type of light.

I have the same feelings about the cluster lights. I feel like they would be too bright for my taste.

ok cool. I was thinking that the Superbright website might be junk.

do you recall the brightness or color you chose for most of your interior lights? Too bright in the cab is one of my main concerns.

I know there is an LED comparison thread on here but I was hoping first hand experience is better than "what works on paper"

Has anyone had problems installing these bulbs in the factory housings? I got the drivers' side bulb with a little doin' but the passenger side will not install. The lugs don't seem to go deep enough in the socket for me to be able to twist and lock the bulb in place. The housing actually separated from the bulb on the LED while trying to twist it, that's how screwed up something is. The bulb that was installed was re-installed with little to no effort, so it's something with the LED housing.

Has anyone had problems installing these bulbs in the factory housings? I got the drivers' side bulb with a little doin' but the passenger side will not install. The lugs don't seem to go deep enough in the socket for me to be able to twist and lock the bulb in place. The housing actually separated from the bulb on the LED while trying to twist it, that's how screwed up something is. The bulb that was installed was re-installed with little to no effort, so it's something with the LED housing.

I had a little bit of trouble at first with one of the LEDs.  But looked at the bulb and the socket then just made sure the LED was properly screwed together and pushed it in the socket.  Had LED in my Right hand Socket on my Left hand.  Just a firm push, then a twist to lock it in the socket.