Changing a fan shroud sucks when...

BLHTAZ

...you have a 3 row radiator :mad:

I put a new shroud in it about a year ago when it had the old radiator, but I have since broken that one and didn't bother with it for a few months. I finally got around to installing the new one tonight and found that you have to remove the fan & fan clutch to put the new shroud in when the radiator has been upgraded to a 3 row :roll: . It's no problem getting the fan clutch off with no shroud, but putting it back on when the new shroud is in place is a real PITA!!

Sorry...just had to b*@$£ a bit... :headpop:

Now it's time for the Lime :D

I agree 220%!

Sucks even more busting your knuckle's on the stupid metal fan! :mad:

Yep...I slipped one time. I went and found a towel to wrap around the wrench and my had so that wouldn't happen any more :wall:

Uh, you guys have heard of gloves, right? :D
:oops: Actually...I have two pair of nice mechanics gloves in my tool box now that you say that... :oops: Don't typically use them, but they would have been appropriate for this. :smart:

All kidding aside.. shop safety should be follwed at home wrenching on your stuff. I have had metal drilled out my eyes... it sucks. Had slag fall by my ear, sucks even worse. I wish I could say that I always were my gear (including gloves), but that would be a lie, but you can ask anyone who has ever been to my garage.. I always have plenty of mechanic, leather, and welding gloves on hand.

You guys wanna talk safety.

You know how all repair manuals always say "Make sure vehicle is in Park, apply the parking brake, and Chock the wheels" so there is no possible way the car can role.

Guess what :brows:

I forgot to put the truck in Park ,didn't apply the parking brake, and didn't block the wheels ,and when I blipped the throttle on the throttle body to show my buddy that the water pump was indeed working because fluid was squirting into the pressure bottle, low and behold the MJ decided to go through his cinder block wall. :rotfl2:

I WIN THE "IDIOT OF THE MONTH AWARD"

You know how all repair manuals always say "Make sure vehicle is in Park, apply the parking brake, and Chock the wheels" so there is no possible way the car can role.

I forgot to put the truck in Park ,didn't apply the parking brake, and didn't block the wheels ,and when I blipped the throttle on the throttle body to show my buddy that the water pump was indeed working because fluid was squirting into the pressure bottle, low and behold the MJ decided to go through his cinder block wall. :rotfl2:

Naw, I got that award wrapped up by drilling a hole through my radiator last week. How about

"MORON OF THE MONTH AWARD"

Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think??

Naw, I got that award wrapped up by drilling a hole through my radiator last week. How about

"MORON OF THE MONTH AWARD"

Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think??

All right. I can be fair. You've got Idiot, I've got Moron :D

All I did was cut a little notch in the bottom of the shroud about as wide as the clutch. It slid right down past the fan and fan clutch. Took maybe 10 minutes and works great. :cheers: