GOLD MEMBER Build up

Well I haven’t quite figured out how to post with the pictures showing. I and currently doing them through flickr. I thought that would work because every time I try to find a picture of something there is a thousand pictures from flickr. O well if anyone has a clue on how to do that let me know.

So far I have finished the suspension for the most part. I kinda jerry rigged up a board to hold the gas tank for now so I could get the truck started and move it around. I had a drive shaft made by Carolina drive line. Some how I gave him the wrong dimension and it was too long. So I took it back and they chopped off two inches. Every thing is working well now.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3104/273 ... 20.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3244/273 ... fc.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3028/273 ... 26.jpg?v=0

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/273 ... ec.jpg?v=0[/img]

2735536576_4343660b20.jpg

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HELZ YEAH THANKS PETE!!!! :bowdown:

Camjeep3 yeah man I’ll let you know when I'm ready to go. I'm really looking forward to the maiden voyage!!! jamminz.gif

Now that I can post pics again ill be sure to snag some pictures tonight. As of right now I am rounding up some materials to make my rear bed & skids.

• 1 month later...

What’s up guys!!! Wow it’s been a long time sense I have updated my build. But you know how life goes a lot of things have been going on to keep me from my toy. The biggest hit was loosing my Grandfather to cancer. Now I have lost both of my Grandfathers in less than year’s time. That can really take the wind out of your sails. But on a better note I have taken my jeep to one of my good friend’s house for him to build a bed for it. With me not having tube benders or welders or the experience playing with them, it would be better for me to slide my buddy some coin to do it for me. I have a sneak peak pic of it, but that’s all I got. Also some other hold ups on it is the headlight bucket seats. I have found some for a 98+ for $20.95 a side on one site, but me being cheap I want to find them cheaper!! Hopefully ill have some more updates soon!!

2904852332_c098034423.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have yet to get a front drive shaft. I was hoping to go to the junk yard and take one off of an XJ. I don’t know if there is any difference in the length between the axle and transfer case using the ax-15 instead of the Cherokees automatic. If anybody knows please let me know. :chillin:

• 5 weeks later...

Well my jeep is still over at my buddys house, so I have found other things to take up my time. I got a killer deal on a 92 4.0L HO this past weekend. I plan on doing a stroker one day but for right now ill just play around with the cylinder head and intake. Maybe I can do some things to squeeze a little more power out or maybe better gas mileage, who knows?

3046422172_1838848303.jpg

3046424772_b015bbba60.jpg

I think seeing this wiring harness and computer blew my excitement just a little!! I don’t think I need all of them, I wish there was a website or something that would just tell me what I need to make the engine run. I guess once I get the jeep back I can see the complexity of this. Ill get threw it like always.

3045592411_dbe16acb56.jpg

I took the throttle body apart and turned it to 62mm. I have it sitting in some cleaner right now. I'm excited to see how it looks and works when its done.

3045593869_d5a1811807.jpg

I sandblasted the intake, and man does it look sexy now. Hopefully sometime this week I’ll get to start porting.

nice work so far! any more pics of the side skids and hoop?

a tip on the H.O. upgrade...you will need every engine bay part, including radiator hoses, heater box hoses, and radiator and reservoir from a H.O. jeep.

then, you will need the entire dash wiring harness and all of the H.O. accessories as some wiring did change.

and, the H.O. gives you an electronic speedometer and so you will need that, and you will need the sending unit and transmission harness pigtail.

it's not compatible with what you currently have for wiring.

Jeepco & goblazers_6 ill see what I can do to get some more pics. Right now the jeep is at my buds house, about 40 miles away from me. Ill see if he will send me some pics of it. I haven’t seen it myself in a few months. Heck there for a few weeks I forgot I had one. Ha ha.

Ok I did my research i turned my throttle body to 60mm (I just turned it until it was completely smooth through the throttle body. After sitting it in the carb cleaner for 24 hours it came out clean, no gunk all over it. But it still had the dull color all over it. I think ill hit it up with the sandblaster at lunch today and see how it comes out. O YEAH, I LOVE A SAND BLASTER!!! :banana:

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got started on porting my head last night. I wasn’t so sure were to start seeing how the gasket almost matches the intake ports perfectly. The exhaust on the other hand is a totally different story, so that’s where I started. I only did the exhaust ports last night. I’m no professional heck I’ve never done it before so don’t knock me too hard for my attempt. With the gasket on I have left about a 1/16 of meat in between the gasket and where I’m porting. Maybe I should have matched them perfectly but heck its a lot better than it was! I will post some pics below to show my progress. I’m not done yet. I haven’t sanded it to smooth it out, I have only used the grinder in the ports. By the looks of it you can tell my hand is as steady as a bomb tech (ha ha what a joke).

3073546543_8e2972ab35.jpg

3073547869_9f39955c84.jpg

All in all this is real fun to do being that its mine, but I would never do this for money or for some one else. Its a lot of work and its something that you should not rush. I’m sure the reword will be worth it though! At least I hope so!

3079245275_f8b7143bba.jpg

Well I finally finished porting my head. I cleaned up the intake ports a little, just grinded down all the casting boogers. It looks like crap right now; I got carried away with the polishing wheel. It was about gone so I finished it off on the intake and exhaust face. It’s ready to take to the shop to get a 3 angle valve job and hot tanked. It should look a lot better then! I also ported the intake manifold to match the gasket.

Does anyone know the volumetric efficiency of a stock 4.0L HO?

Well my buddy told me that he was done with my jeep. I’m so excited! Well it doesn’t look like much now. It still has along way to go. I chose to have the bed high enough to slide a tire under it and put other things under there. I plan on putting a low profile tool box, and some sort of bed material, a rear gate. It has a lot of little details to be done to it. I’m open minded so if any one has any good ideas let me know. I guess ill have to go order some meats now! It will look so much better with out those little tires.

3081755561_423fece6e8.jpg