colorado mjs trail run

Going up to Metberry Gulch this Saturday 5/9 possibly with a few other JF members and RockFrogs members.

Meeting at the Fly Shop/shopping center in Deckers at 10:00am. Address is 7602 CO 67 Sedalia CO 80135.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this still on?? I may have to skip a days work and a days pay cuz I need out bad. How far is the trail from Sedalia?

I am running to Slaughterhouse on Sunday the 17th to run it plus fill up on downed trees for next winters firewood stash if anyone else wants to go. Just me and a Yota buddy so far.

It's still on! Not sure on the distance from Sedalia, I am traveling by the Platte River from Conifer to cut about an hour off of my drive since I live close to the river. Ill see everyone in Deckers at the meeting place!

Meeting at the Fly Shop/shopping center in Deckers at 10:00am. Address is 7602 CO 67 Sedalia CO 80135.

Seemed to me the mapquest way was ridiculous - drive up 285 to pine junction, down thru Pine etc 1hr 44min and 76 miles just to the meet spot? :nuts: I am going to go south from Parker thru Founders village, then to hwy 85 and 67 [used to be called Johnsons Corner] and take 67 to 97. that will shave 15 min off and about 32 miles although some of it may be dirt road. If I'm late - leave without me.

i'll be in this....

Yeah, you should Definitely go through Sedalia then. What I would do is turn off of Santa fe onto 67 and then continue until you reach a bar called the Sprucewood Inn. You will then find a Y in the road. Both roads will end at the river, though staying on hwy 67 (left side of Y) will get you there faster. Then turn left at the end of 67 or Pine Creek road at the river and drive into Deckers.

EDIT: Here are the directions I got on Google Maps from Sedalia to the meeting place.

1.Start:Head south on N Hwy-67/CO-67/Manhart Ave toward Platte Ave

Continue to follow N Hwy-67/CO-67

13.3 mi

2.Continue on County Rd-40/Pine Creek Rd

3.1 mi

3.Turn left at County Rd-97/S Platte River Rd

Continue to follow S Platte River Rd

4.8 mi

4.Turn left at S Hwy-67/CO-67/S Platte River Rd

Continue to follow S Hwy-67/CO-67

4.9 mi

END:7602 CO-67

Sedalia, CO 80135

this morning I uploaded all the pix, posted the reply, added all the image links, comments, etc, previewed it - looked fine. clicked 'submit' and POOF!! everything vanished, gotta 'webpage cannot be veiwed' and I said SCREW IT! I'll try ONCE more another time.

here's one of the dozen before the batteries died...

thats all I have the patience for at this moment

mmkay here's the rest...

now the damage. if this doesnt sadden you - kill a kitten and feel bedda...

there ya go.

You should never ever trust the internet with hard work Rick. I still type large replies in notepad or word first. :thumbsup: Are you using Explorer or Firefox?

Colorado is still beautiful though. :D

Spoke too soon. Seems part of CO is a bit less beautiful. :(

It werent always ugly, bro. It'll resurrect itself with our help. here's some pics of the same area from 2001...

my 89 XJ the first trip there..

the best camping spot ever...

wally jumpin off the rock