colorado mjs trail run

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could make it, I'd love to get my jeep dirty :driving: That and I'd love to help out to keep a great trail open.

On another note, anyone know a good place for a person with some off road experience (HMMWV ambulance in KY and Iraq), but a mostly stock Manche could have some fun in the Colorado Springs area?

check out traildamage.com/trails. Most of the CO trails are on that site, A few good ones I can think of would be Saran Wrap and Eagle Rock, but unless you choose your lines wisely and have some luck, it will be hard to keep your rocker panels out of the rocks.

Rocker guards are your friends. :D Get some before you're suddenly looking at your smashed rocker going, "man, I wish I had done that sooner." I did.

And by "I did", I mean, I was the guy standing there wishing he had done it sooner. :(

• 1 month later...

Hey I just got some new 31's and chrome eagle rims that are way to shinny and need to get some dirt on them and given the lack of snow so far, is anyone interested in getting a late season colorado comanche run? Maybe something close to denver or fort collins. :typing:

Pete, you gotta make another run down here sometime, there are so many great trails like this down here! :waving:

On another note, my season may be over until next spring. With the rig being severely damaged on 1-70 in October (rear ended by an Impala at 80mph while I was at 25, and being shoved into a Honda CRV). I just got it back to DD status and got my bumper in today. But I still need soooo many parts for it to make it ready to wheel again.

just got the newly balanced rear drive shaft in, works wonders, no vibes around 65 now. The MJ's next time out is friday the 5th at the hooters on parker rd near yale, co4x4 is having a M&G/celebration. The very next day is the big Christmas Caravan for Kids get-together. Here's the info about CCFK http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134924 jamminz.gif

just got the newly balanced rear drive shaft in, works wonders, no vibes around 65 now. The MJ's next time out is friday the 5th at the hooters on parker rd near yale, co4x4 is having a M&G/celebration. The very next day is the big Christmas Caravan for Kids get-together. Here's the info about CCFK http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=134924 jamminz.gif

Looks good, I may be in for that. I'd never heard anything about it before. I'd probably end up at the Southwest Plaza meeting point.

ok boys and girls... COUNT ME IN. let me know when and where, and i'll bring 'eugene', the wife and the dog....... i have done some 4x'ing around ouray, montrose, delta, black canyon, gunnison, idaho springs.... george town.... rifle...... grand junction... and once even over by lamar. i don't think colorado has as many back roads as nevada, but it does have a lot more TREES!!!!!! :banana:

how about setting a run up for a date next summer? and do you think anyone would be interested in doing a pony express route run here in nevada? i've done about a hundred miles of it so far, some rough spots, but not to bad....... never even saw another person......

Had a great feast at Hooters, lots of rigs to look at also. The CCFK run was awsome, I'll have some pictures up some time...don't know when I'll get around to em. Hey phoenix, didn't see ya, what happened? I hear we have a snow forecast of 3-12" mon into tues, sweeet!

Had a great feast at Hooters, lots of rigs to look at also. The CCFK run was awsome, I'll have some pictures up some time...don't know when I'll get around to em. Hey phoenix, didn't see ya, what happened? I hear we have a snow forecast of 3-12" mon into tues, sweeet!

I was on-call over the weekend and ended up with a call. :mad: Bummer, but a nice paycheck for the holiday season.

I heard snow, but I didn't hear that much snow. That should be enjoyable.

Are we in general consensus that the season is over, or do you think we've got maybe one trail run left?

I was on-call over the weekend and ended up with a call. :mad: Bummer, but a nice paycheck for the holiday season.

I heard snow, but I didn't hear that much snow. That should be enjoyable.

Are we in general consensus that the season is over, or do you think we've got maybe one trail run left?

I know I'm out till after june 23rd, saving for the wedding, can't pay for rig fixes till after.

anyway...the next M&G I might be at http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=137958

• 2 weeks later...

well...I thought I was done with trails, but I guess not. One of my friends hit me up for a last minute stocker run. He had some friends from out of town and wanted a scenic trail to go on. The day before the snow hit in the mountains we went on Switzerland trail, here are the pics:

The next time I'll be out and about would be the Rock Zombie Winterfest at their private ranch. No date is set as of yet, but it sounds like it will be in February:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/showthread.php?t=138060

http://www.rockzombieoutlaws.com/

Anyone ever run Loch Lomond near the town of Alice by St Marys Glacier? East trail but snow can make it interesting. here's some pix of the last time I was there Oct 9 2006..

left to right - me, Scott & Ross

and a super short vid..