I HATE ICE!!

beaterjeep

Well, I'm laid up for a few days again. Went to go play around in the new snow today, and slipped on some ice. Ended up blowing my left knee out in the process. Lemme tell ya, it's not easy driving a 5 speed with only your right leg, but somehow I managed to do it. Got to the E.R., nurse looked at my knee and left the room, about a minute later she came back in, gave me a pain pill and said I would be needing it. Come to find out my lower knee joint (or however you wanna look at it) was off to the left of my upper leg, and moved up a couple inches. The doc came in, and told me "this is gonna hurt", he grabbed my lower leg, and while pulling towards my foot, pushed my knee back into place. They kept me for a couple hours to watch the swelling, and released me. I'm supposed to stay off of it for a few days, and keep it iced (odd coincidence that ice is what caused it in the first place).

How did everyone else's day go? :roll:

I'm sorry to read. I can deffinately relate. I blew out my knee when I was 19. That was very painfull. Turns out that I tore my ACL and then walked on it for a year to find out that it had dissintagrated. so I had surgery and was out for a month.

Well i came in to work at 6:00am to find out the other mechanic is out with kiddny stones , no big deal just more work for me . about ten minutes later i get a call over the two way " Bus 5 to garage" , damn bus broke down a couple miles from work so i get in the shop truck and drive out to have a look and am followed by a spair bus to replace the broke down bus . i get there and the thing sounded bad and i knew it wasnt making it back so had to call the tow truck . the tow truck finaly came and hooked up and we headed to the shop and in the maby three miles to the shop the the tow truck driver managed to mangle the front tow hooks / bend the bumper and smash the entry door skidplate and scratch the paint but again no big deal but more work for me :headpop: . then i get home and find a box with my name on it from a guy named pete jamminz.gif and the day didnt seem as frustrating

I came into work only to find out that two of the other guys decided to work Saturday.

The one guy decided I messed up my math figuring out a custom entertainment center and cut 3/4" off the sides of the bottom half before building it. Then proceeded to tell the other guy his doors were 3/4" too long, so he tossed those into the wood burner and made new ones.

This morning I arrive to find him looking at the sides for the top half with a puzzled look on his face and proceeds to tell me I messed up royally. :mad:

We discuss the custom order, I redo all my math on paper this time so he can follow it and he walks out of the shop in disgust.

%@ whipper snappers need to leave my pieces alone when I'm not there.

Anyone in NE Ohio want a custom 6 piece entertainment center for cheap? You could probably have it for around $1000.

That was my day today. I hate Mondays!

I dislocated my knee badly back in '87 playing football. I caught the ball and was on the bottom of the pile of guys. I was politely asking the guy on top of me to "Get someone to take me to the hospital. My leg is broken". While he was still getting off me he said, "How do you know its broken" then very clearly "OH MY GOD!!!"

Picture this, I was flat on my stomach with the outside edge of my foot almost touching my waist. It was bent to the side! I blew out my patella, it was located on the inside of my thigh, about two inches up from where it should have been. OUCH, is an under statement. I was lucky, the doc;s where able to relocate and cast it so I haven't needed surgery. But I am in line for a knee replacement. there are three good sized chips under the cap and arthritis set of years ago. It took almost three years for me to loose the cane. I swore I would never run again. To this day it gets swollen after a long day on my feet. Aches anytime the weather make an abrupt change.

Good luck with it!!!

CW

So beater after the hospital didya drive home? :D

My knee has osteoarthritis and osteoperosis because I was in a hip to toe cast for 6 months after being T-boned on a motorcycle. Crushed my tib/fib and I still have enough problems 10 years later I have to have at least 1 automatic vehicle to drive on the really bad days.

The good news is I bought a Jeep instead of a motorcycle as my toy!

Good luck!

So beater after the hospital didya drive home? :D

My knee has osteoarthritis and osteoperosis because I was in a hip to toe cast for 6 months after being T-boned on a motorcycle. Crushed my tib/fib and I still have enough problems 10 years later I have to have at least 1 automatic vehicle to drive on the really bad days.

The good news is I bought a Jeep instead of a motorcycle as my toy!

Good luck!

smart move

So beater after the hospital didya drive home? :D Good luck!

Yea, I had no choice but to drive home. That was a blast too, half hopped up on some sorta pain pill, and a leg I can't use. Good thing for the snow, I was able to slip the clutch (burnt it too, I could smell it frying) to get going, and then just power shift.

Thanks to all for your well wishes, and stories. Glad to know I'm not the only one that's had knee problems since HS. In fact, CW, me and you aren't too different in that aspect. Mine was that I was running the ball, just got my left foot planted and the LB came in from my right side and caught me in the left knee. My kneecap has been almost an inch to the side since then.