2007 Jeep : Grand Cherokee SRT8

Rokhound

holy terrible engineering batman

@$$hat can no longer go through ANY mud, cannot bottom out the rear. also "cold air" intake is picking up heat from the exhaust ALL THE WAY up to the engine bay, and downsized intake tube means less air intake.

I award him no points, and may god have mercy on his soul.

i like it. I just don't understand the turbo thing at ALL. I mean it looks like all the road dirt and stuff would be thrown in to the air filter. I mean if your were only going to drive it on the strip then yeah maybe but I don't think so.

not looking at the ad, but if the turbo is in the back where the muffler would be, then it's probably a squires turbo kit, requires no intercooler because the aircharge is well cooled by the time it reaches the engine, as well as keeping underhood appearances as stock.. as for the air filter location y'all mention, sounds like a bad idea, but then so does a 2wd jeep built for speed lol

not looking at the ad, but if the turbo is in the back where the muffler would be, then it's probably a squires turbo kit, requires no intercooler because the aircharge is well cooled by the time it reaches the engine, as well as keeping underhood appearances as stock.. as for the air filter location y'all mention, sounds like a bad idea, but then so does a 2wd jeep built for speed lol

The turbo is a joke, it would take way too long to spool.:nuts:

I can tell you a stock SRT-8 Jeep is an awsome street Jeep. I impressed the hell out of me when I drove it at the SRT Experence. We autocrossed it and I was able to beat the instructers time and it was a clean run(no cones). I was amazed at the performance and handling it has. 150mph on the track was nothing for it, there was more left. :D

That E-Bay one is a laugh.... :rotf:

Give me a stock one and $3000.00 and it would drive circles around that "THING" anytime, anyplace!!!! :brows:

If I could afford an SRT-8 Jeep my wife would be driving it.jamminz.gif

At Road America the only SRT that was more impressive was the SRT-10 Viper... :bowdown:

SRT= Street, Road, Track. It isn't meant to go offroad. It does what it was meant to do very well. ;)

if i had the money for an srt8, id buy an ss trailblazer in 2wd... that turbo setup is used on fbodies, hummers, just about anything, works pretty well actually

The supercharged SRT-8 with a few other mods is what I would do.

650whp and all-wheel drive go hand in hand with each other.

Spinning isn't winning.....

like TNT, i drove a few SRT-8's at Road America during Camp Jeep. The cherokee, magnum and 300c.

i was extremely impressed with the cherokee. was the best if you ask me. like TNT stated, 150mph was nothing. i wasnt able to get it any faster because the straightaway ended :roll:

and Pat, i like your "Billy Madison" plug. :D

Thats what you call a remote turbo.. Its used mostly on v-8's. Theres nothing wrong with the design at all.. It keeps intake temps down and engine/turbo temps down.. seen a few Camaros running them. That type of mounting has been around for a while..

edit: on second thought,, I would put the intake filter somewhere a little higher/cleaner/waterproffer

if i had the money for an srt8, id buy an ss trailblazer in 2wd... that turbo setup is used on fbodies, hummers, just about anything, works pretty well actually

The supercharged SRT-8 with a few other mods is what I would do.

650whp and all-wheel drive go hand in hand with each other.

Spinning isn't winning.....

lol spinning isnt winning, i've a buddy with an awd ss silvy and another buddy with an ss 2wd tb, and the tb walks stock srt8s, and id bet power adder for power adder, still would, 2-300lbs is a big difference