availible parts

akamcbird

i just made friends with the owner of a large towing co. here in Anchorage AK, currently his yard is overfilled. he says that comanches don't sell they just go streight to the crusher and that i can have any that end up in his yard for free...delivered...

so, i havnt looked at the three that are there now but i would like to see if i can save as many good MJ only parts as possible.

i have space to work on them but no place to store parts, if anyone is in need and willing to pay shipping let me know here and ill PM you individualy with the availability of what your after

don't be shy if you want a bed or the rear of a cab or anything else

i am not interested in making money on this...a small gratuity would be nice but ill leave it at that

don't ask me for a shipping quote you won't get one my zip is 99504

please don't waist my time with something you can find, you don't want to pay shipping anyway

ill get pics but I'm still waiting for the front of the lot to be emptied so i can get to the trucks at the back (very messed up lot at the moment)

all ok tailgates, tail lites, cargo lites, rear bumpers, slider windows, vent windows, gas tank skids, roll bars will be saved (sorry moms garage)

but I'm not expecting to get to many good bumpers,vent windows, or tail lites

the first set of vent windows i find are mine (seem to be pretty rare...or more so up here)

as ive not yet seen these trucks ill post when i do.

alright well if you find a second pair of vent windows in good shape let me know. i'll take those then, just as long as they lock and have the handle and the glass isn't busted up, or the frames bent up. they do seem pretty rare.

i have got a set of vent windows in my 86 but i'll need another pair for an 89 i am getting within the next month or two. it has a rear sliding window, but i need one those for the 86.

let me know if there's an extra sliding rear window.

just as long as they lock and have the handle and the glass isn't busted up, or the frames bent up

"....and the paint isn't chipped and the molding isn't cracked, and oh yeah, make sure they're tinted."

TK, any other requirements? Dude, just busting chops but basically you are asking for new ones. You may want to lower your expectations a little.

And for my soapbox.gif speech, let's not ruin a good thing by hammering this guy with a million requests such that he gets sick of it and says screw it. Vent windows, IMO, are NOT that hard to come by. Super nice ones? Of course, but that's my point above. They can be found on ebay about once a month, and a WTB post here usually will produce a set fairly quickly. End soapbox.gif speech.

That being said, Bird, with your cost of parts nothing more than your time (which is still valuable), I personally have no problem with a price attached. Obviously you're a fair guy and a big fan so whatever you charge will likely be less than the avg. part, even with increased shipping expense it will probably be a good deal in most cases.