parts truck?

a1awind

i was driving down hwy 18 today and noticed what i thought may have been an old cherokee behind the building....i swung round for a closer look only to find that it is an Mj sportruck! it has no engine and is pretty rusty but cleaner than mine. i wonder if its worth looking into to get parts.... it doesnt look like it has been sitting long. and from the looks of her, she was bought for the motor. I gather this from the fact it has no grill rad, or rad supports. what should i offer?

i was driving down hwy 18 today and noticed what i thought may have been an old cherokee behind the building....i swung round for a closer look only to find that it is an Mj sportruck! it has no engine and is pretty rusty but cleaner than mine. i wonder if its worth looking into to get parts.... it doesnt look like it has been sitting long. and from the looks of her, she was bought for the motor. I gather this from the fact it has no grill rad, or rad supports. what should i offer?

If you were in Wisconsin... about $1.50... :eek:

Depends on how much usable stuff you could pull from it and use and/or sell...

If you were in Wisconsin... about $1.50... :eek:

Depends on how much usable stuff you could pull from it and use and/or sell...

If you were in WI, it would be given to you for free :D

What's it worth?? With the motor pulled, drive train too??

And real rusty.........$150 > $200 tops, little more that what the scrap yard will pay, but you know what the 'little' parts are worth :brows:

And if it was in Wisconsin, $1.50, and they would give you a block of cheese :D

[i couldn't resist :evil: ]

uh...$70 got me a COMPLETE 1988 4 cyl 2wd shortbed with canyon rims and bfg mud terrains...no title...

it's made me $250 so far, I still have the canyons and tires as spares, got another set of canyons too..., TNT got the cab section of it so we can extend his cab, i'm making a trailer out of the back, and using the header panel on another truck, plus making a cowl hood with it and putting the windshield in my cherokee.

I haven't paid more than $300 for a comanche yet....except the 1989 comanche that TNT now has

gotta love wisconsin. picking up another one this weekend for $225

What's it worth?? With the motor pulled, drive train too??

And real rusty.........$150 > $200 tops, little more that what the scrap yard will pay, but you know what the 'little' parts are worth :brows:

And if it was in Wisconsin, $1.50, and they would give you a block of cheese :D

[i couldn't resist :evil: ]

Besides the cheese, you get a small tap hammer. You tap the hulk on the sweet spot; all cheeseheads know where the sweet spot is. It instantly crumbles into a pile of iron oxide, which they then use to make more cheese. jamminz.gif

Hornbrod, you so funny. Actually, if you're from Wisco, it's $1.50 but you'd get $5 back, cuz the seller just needed some change. :razz:

All right JeepCo, I'd like to make a few suggestions. First, you must type up a disclaimer in bold print and asteriks that you must paste in to your signature or everytime you contribute to a thread about what someone should pay for an MJ. It should read something similar to the small print you see in a weight loss add:

"Purchasing results not typical for all MJ buyers. Actual purchase price may vary from buyer to buyer based on other purchasing factors. Other purchasing factors that could produce a higher purchase price may include, but are not limited to: seller does not smoke crack, seller is not late on their cable or cell phone bill, seller already on gov't cheese program and will not apply your 50lb cheddar wheel trade to purchase price, seller actually realizes that if it rolls it's worth at least more than a 2 digit number."

In addition to the disclaimer, I think you should not be allowed to comment on any Manche purchase price questions unless the member posting the question has at least 50 posts, no, make that 100 (SuperWade2 was so stoked after getting his that he had 100 in, like, 2-3 days!!) and has demonstrated the ability to differentiate real world numbers from ridiculous deals that only occur to Wisconsinites. I mean, c'mon, $70??? Who came up with that number?

I'm just gonna start calling JeepCo (Pat), "Rainman".

"Hey Pat, how much did you pay for that 2wd non-running rust bucket you got? (Pat) 'Bout a $100. (Me) Really? Wow! What about that fully restored 4x4 you also got? (Rainman) 'Bout a $100."

Hornbrod, you so funny. Actually, if you're from Wisco, it's $1.50 but you'd get $5 back, cuz the seller just needed some change. :razz:

All right JeepCo, I'd like to make a few suggestions. First, you must type up a disclaimer in bold print and asteriks that you must paste in to your signature or everytime you contribute to a thread about what someone should pay for an MJ. It should read something similar to the small print you see in a weight loss add:

"Purchasing results not typical for all MJ buyers. Actual purchase price may vary from buyer to buyer based on other purchasing factors. Other purchasing factors that could produce a higher purchase price may include, but are not limited to: seller does not smoke crack, seller is not late on their cable or cell phone bill, seller already on gov't cheese program and will not apply your 50lb cheddar wheel trade to purchase price, seller actually realizes that if it rolls it's worth at least more than a 2 digit number."

In addition to the disclaimer, I think you should not be allowed to comment on any Manche purchase price questions unless the member posting the question has at least 50 posts, no, make that 100 (SuperWade2 was so stoked after getting his that he had 100 in, like, 2-3 days!!) and has demonstrated the ability to differentiate real world numbers from ridiculous deals that only occur to Wisconsinites. I mean, c'mon, $70??? Who came up with that number?

I'm just gonna start calling JeepCo (Pat), "Rainman".

"Hey Pat, how much did you pay for that 2wd non-running rust bucket you got? (Pat) 'Bout a $100. (Me) Really? Wow! What about that fully restored 4x4 you also got? (Rainman) 'Bout a $100."

LMAO man that's the best.

actually, it was $50 and I gave the guy who got me the owner's number $20... :nuts:

(SuperWade2 was so stoked after getting his that he had 100 in, like, 2-3 days!!)

I'm not sure exactly how to take that... ;)

SW2

S-Dub-Deuce, oh no, it's all good man! Like you, I joined right after I bought my MJ and I was all up in this jizzoint right off the bat too. It was fun to watch you be all excited and jump in tech talk, classifieds, everywhere just soaking it all up. :cheers:

Well Geo, then your red truck was just part of the SAE gungalator that the rest of us usually are responsible for in the global Comanche purchasing spectrum. That's the Statistical Average Equalizer.

And, as an example, if you take your two purchases totalling $2650 and Pat's 28(?) purchases with his avg. price being somewhere in the neighborhood of, oh, $39.73 per truck, your combined purchase price average is a whopping $125 per truck. Now, for sake of argument, let's say that Pat truly is the exception and there are 10 of you cheeseheads with identical numbers to yours, i.e. they paid "somewhat" of a realistic price for one. Well stop the presses, 'cause that brings the AVG Wisco MJ purchase price up to a "not affordable for the common man" price of $359. And six cents. To be exact.

But that's not the case, because Pat is NOT the only getting these deals. 89Eliminator and others have too, so I'd say the Wisco avg is $300 or less. :ack: :rotfl2:

the only thing that i get good deals on is parts. i got a AW4 tranny w/ 231 t-case for $75. i got my gears and locker for really cheap because we know a guy that sells the stuff.

Pat gets good deals on EVERYTHING. He finally admited to me that he has a radar to find these things.

the only thing that i get good deals on is parts. i got a AW4 tranny w/ 231 t-case for $75. i got my gears and locker for really cheap because we know a guy that sells the stuff.

Pat gets good deals on EVERYTHING. He finally admited to me that he has a radar to find these things.

:P $35 for a rollbar, $20 for the driveshaft I need, $75 for an aw4, and $30 for a 3:55 geared front axle. yup. even parts.

now to pick up that damned comanche...next weekend it looks like. too damned cold right now.

• 2 months later...

well the guy called me back about the parts truck today. he wants the bench seat and doors out of it and if i take them out of it the rest is mine. so I'm gonna see about doing this thursday morning. its a swb 4wd. with an auto so i guess i can't use the transfercase but i assume i can use the front and rear DS? along with the front axel . the auto is supposedly in good working order too. the truck was originally a 4.0. now as i said engineless.

he bought the comanche to get some parts off of it for his comanche. the people he bought it off of pulled the motor for their xj.

his comanche is a street rod with a pontiac v8 i told him about the web site. from the sounds of it his MJ will be a unique contribution.