Rear Ended in MJ

SuperWade2

Going to Work today... stopped at a stop light a few cars back from the intersection. Traffic slowly started to go on Green... I guess the lady behind me was in a hurry and she decided that the front end of her newish looking Mercedes ML Series MiniSUV would look good with some busted front trim and headlights from the rear bumper of my MJ.

Barely scratched my ugly Smittybilt Tube Bumper that I plan on replacing at some point anyhow.

We didn't even exchange info...

Moral of the story, don't ram your $50K SUV into my MJ or you will go home with some busted stuff...I'm guessing the damage to hers was more than I paid for mine. (not necessarily what I think it's worth)

SW2 jamminz.gif

:cheers: SW

I had a ditzy blonde chic in a Honda Accord or something coast backward into me while stopped on a small hill at a redlight. I sat there and watched her coast right into me, didn't even hit the horn....busted out both taillights and put a nice scratch on the rear, and she had the nerve to jump out and accuse me of rearending her (until about 3 other drivers got out and said they watched her hit me). Not a scratch on the MJ.

I also bumped uglies with a ZJ on a "weave lane" on the interstate a couple years ago.....she was exiting while I was merging onto the highway, and we smacked dead-center broadside. Knocked the mirror off the MJ and put a dent in the doorskin that I popped out with a kitchen plunger, but did $1600 worth of damage to the Grand :roll:

Gotta love the MJ's....

Jeff

Hope nobody was hurt.

On anothernote,, :brows: back in like 97 or so

I had a smittybuilt double tube on the back of my TJ when a Toyota 4runner decided to commit suicide at 35Mph! ( I was at a complete stop, the impact sent my TJ about 8feet forward!)

I mean it, the guy couldn't even pull over to the Curb! It looked like he hit a brick wall!

My bumper was bent and the tailgate dinged inwards a bit, but the rear glass didn't even break.

He Couldn't Believe it, The Cops couldn't Believe it, But I could. :brows:

I remember the Guy pointing at his 4Runner and saying, "The F__King thing is made of tinfoil!"

Those Double Tube Bumpers are worth every penny, and the BF.Goodrich Spare didn't hurt either. :brows:

i EF-d a honda accord up, 02ish looking thing

rear-ended him (stopped without signaling and traffic was slowing so i though he was slowing. nope, stopping.) skidded (wet+dry rot tires+ill adjusted/backwards starwheels in the brakes from when i bought it) nailed him doin probly 10-15 and nearly sent the trunk into his backseat.

replaced a headlight and a radiator and went on my way, (i drove it home)

i had the same smittybuilt bumper one my MJ and it saved the back of it when i was rearened:

A car doing 50mph didnt stop...plowed into my buddies longbed 2wd chevy which then plowed into me causing me to center punch a Honda Accord into the intesection....i had smittybuilts front and rear..only damage to my truck was the rear bumper went under the truck and took out my exhaust and then my KC on the front were destroyed

When you replace your bumper I might want to take it off your hands. I am looking for just such a bumper.

It's now got a little Mercedes scratch on it, but it's not bad...When I get ready I'll look you up (might not be soon, unless I "fall" into a nice black OEM Black one).

Wade

Going to Work today... stopped at a stop light a few cars back from the intersection. Traffic slowly started to go on Green... I guess the lady behind me was in a hurry and she decided that the front end of her newish looking Mercedes ML Series MiniSUV would look good with some busted front trim and headlights from the rear bumper of my MJ.

Barely scratched my ugly Smittybilt Tube Bumper that I plan on replacing at some point anyhow.

Moral of the story, don't ram your $50K SUV into my MJ or you will go home with some busted stuff...I'm guessing the damage to hers was more than I paid for mine. (not necessarily what I think it's worth)

SW2 jamminz.gif

There are lots of those pesky Mercedes critters out in Scotts Valley and Aptos :D Glad to hear no one was hurt.

SW2 jamminz.gif

There are lots of those pesky Mercedes critters out in Scotts Valley and Aptos :D Glad to hear no one was hurt.

You know... the Land where the Soccer Mom's and Yuppies run over the place!