can't take my mj anywhere

tkgibbs27

lost my front license plate the other day, fell off some where, tried finding it but couldn't. don't have the money to get a new set or replace it. washington law requires that you have two license plates but on the rear be tagged, i think that is pretty stupid that you gotta have two of them. not like it makes much of a difference if you have one. i've seen plenty of vehicles driving around with only the rear license plate.

you have the front license plate though don't you? mine fell of somewhere around town, i will probably never find it. it usually came loose and hung down so i'd have to keep fixing it. never actually occurred to me that it would come off completely. haha bad move on my side.

i don't have any tickets either. i was at a gas station last night and several cops had driven by, two of them pulled off in different places to watch for speeders. so i drove around back and took a different route home.

i was actually thinking about writing the numbers on a piece of cardboard and putting it up. haha but i don't think it would work to well. some of the cops around here are real dicks. i see i made some errors on my original post. we have two plates, but only the rear has to have the tags.

Having one license plate when two are required is abbreviated "P.C." -It stands for probable cause. It gives the cops the authority to pull you over when they otherwise might not have been able to. Who needs that? I'd bet the license plate replacement would be cheaper or easier than a ticket-And that's assuming they don't find another problem.

i doubt they would find anything else. i don't do anything to get myself in trouble. and nothing else with the truck could get me anything. i did get pulled over about two weeks ago because the trailer ball was in the way of my license plate, but the officer told me i couldn't get a ticket for it. i believe it's about 30$ for a replacement place. but considering the fact that i am poor right now, i can't afford that. i think i have about 10$ to my name. guess i'll have to barrow money from my pa.

Having one license plate when two are required is abbreviated "P.C." -It stands for probable cause. It gives the cops the authority to pull you over when they otherwise might not have been able to. Who needs that? I'd bet the license plate replacement would be cheaper or easier than a ticket-And that's assuming they don't find another problem.

Ohio is the same way,

You will get the ticket if the officer wants to write it or if you are in a small town that writes tickets for the cash :roll: In the Columbus area it's around $125 - $175. Same as if your has expired :nuts:

damn, sounds pretty ridiculous to me. i know i would be pissed off about that. i don't know what they'll do here. i mean i have seen other people driving around without their front license plates and they were in the windshield either. so i don't know the whole story.

Well here in PA you just need one plate on the back, But that doesn't stop IDIOTs from driving arround with NO plates, in fact I saw a nice new Toyota FJ cruiser, No plates, no temp tags no nothing but a BIG @$$ marine corps sticker in the back window.

Doesn't matter, COPS in PA don't enforce tarffic laws unless you are on an Interstate, and (if and when they do) it's just for speeding.

john, i don't know how its done in the poconos. but over here we have certian municipalities that are like the ghestoppo(sp). If you sneeze wrong they will pull you over. don't they have something better to do than measure the tint on my windows?

i doubt they would find anything else. i don't do anything to get myself in trouble. and nothing else with the truck could get me anything. i did get pulled over about two weeks ago because the trailer ball was in the way of my license plate, but the officer told me i couldn't get a ticket for it. i believe it's about 30$ for a replacement place. but considering the fact that i am poor right now, i can't afford that. i think i have about 10$ to my name. guess i'll have to barrow money from my pa.

You'd be surprised my friend. I also live in WA & was pulled over Sunday for speeding in the minivan. (sigh, I know but I got a bunch of kids) The cop could've cited me for pulling over to the left (I was in the left turn lane for gawd's sake!) and for my daughter in front seat. There are so many nanny-state laws in WA you never know what you might be violating. And if you've got power hungry cops where you are I'd be looking for change in the couch cusions. Don't forget they can nail you for seatbelt and cell phones too. All they need is that one little probably cause and you're nailed.

There should be a law that says if they want to add a law to the books they gotta take one off the books. Of course I lean libertarian so I'm just a tad biased. :chillin:

i haven't had any problems with the cops so far. only time i have ever been pulled over was because he couldn't see my license plate due to my trailer ball in the way. he just told me he couldn't see it and that i couldn't get a ticket for it and let me on my way.

here in MO if you got it licensed for 18,000lbs or more you only have to have one in the front, other wise front and back, i have one on the back but it is mounted to the frame BEHIND the bumper( so you can't see it) and the front one is so low to the ground and is usually bent backwards you can't see it either.