Drahcir495's Build-up

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, shelbyluvv said:

Let me know if you want pics of my OHC and how I supported it. I will be making my headliner in a few weeks and it will be covered for good. 

Thanks, that would be great! I have just been waiting to research what has been done before I attempt it. I have my old headliner that I can practice on :brows:

I wanted to change the look a bit on the rebuild. The wheels are a bit too “bling” ish this time around. Just looking to get a more modern look. The Jeep shop owner found a guy who is starting to get into powder coating wheels. Very happy with how much he was charging, so heck yeah. I wanted the wheel powder coated black and the ring polished. The rims were in really poor condition. I don’t think he was really aware of how much it would take just to get them ready to coat. The wheel surface looks all pitted through the coating and it looked like he took a belt sander to some of the surfaces  :fistshake1:. The ring looks more machined then polished. It looks good from 5 feet away but it’s poorly done ->
D1F0BF5B-36C4-43A9-8176-220C17C541B9.jpeg.1554ef58ad91948a37d0a5b935519c3f.jpeg

Dee agrees and is going to talk to the guy and see what he is going to do about it. I believe I’m going to have the ring painted the color of the truck but not sure yet? Any opinions on that?

13 hours ago, Pete M said:

I know not what you paid nor what the fix would be, but I wish any of my rigs looked good from just 5ft away.  :laugh:

:D

It would have been a good price if it had worked out. $125 a wheel. I am going to let the Jeep guy give it a go at it, so I think it can only get better 🫰

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, 89 MJ said:

Seeing that reminds me that going south for school was one of my best decisions ever. I do not miss the cold one bit.

Yep, I will take the heat over the cold all day long. Way the heck up here in Wisconsin - 5 hours Noth of Milwaukee. Hayward - population 2300 + me :D

26 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:

Yep, I will take the heat over the cold all day long. Way the heck up here in Wisconsin - 5 hours Noth of Milwaukee. Hayward - population 2300 + me :D

I'm familiar with Hayward. Been a while since I've been there. I'm from over near La Crosse. Right about where I-90 crosses the Mississippi River.

Alright! It's a really nice place. Alot of things I'm not used to living in Florida. Quads and side by sides share the roads. The best restaurants are close on Sunday which is unheard of in my area. Nice place to visit, but the temperature dropped down to -20 degrees when I was here last winter.

->
BAA6BBFB-2526-4EBD-A849-C9B2F89FFCF2.jpeg.6b3c9deb04f9a2e1a61554b1d4ee2541.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot how good it feels to be out on the baseball field. Even the smell of the grass and sweet smells coming from the concession stand brings me back. Now, I get to just hang out and watch my son learning his fundamentals. Unlike me (the only hit I got was when the pitch hit me) he is hitting most of the mechanical pitch balls hurled at him. Definitely didn’t get the athleticism from me 😂. Life is good my friends 

DA54EEA2-E12C-4C65-9EB8-E1EE334E0731.jpeg.41fe692f4ae2d197237db717f79d9267.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

The MJ and Cherokee are still untouched at the shop. I called and he is going out of town for the next 8 days :shaking:, so I have to have something to work on. I started a build page for my Scrambler above. I forgot how simple these Jeeps are. Not a whole lot to do to it, but now I have some time to work on it. 

Look what I found in the attic Jeep stash. Complete waggy header in excellent condition :banana:. I was going to use it on the dually project before I downsized and forgot all about it ->
B7FE39C4-A038-4CA0-9387-5771D9BD9998.jpeg.b2146979f18eb10af8224c5ebd12cf4a.jpeg   
 Hmmm - the blue matches the MJ color :idea:

All kinds of Jeep stuff up  here - like Xmas morning 

One of best friends was heading to work in his 1987 Jeep Wrangler a few years back when a girl hit his back wheel. She launched her car off it and ended up flipping her car on to her roof. Both were ok and his Jeep only had a small dent on the corner of it. Another driver captured it on his dash cam. The action really begins at the :50 mark.