rarest of them all?

a1awind

i forgot about the agrijeep. i didnt know that there were no pygmys left...wow!

how about of the (and i say this tounge -in-cheek) more commonly available jeeps

CJ-4's are another, much like the Agrijeeps.

DRW anything is a rarity. 327 Waggies and J trucks. Dauntless v6 CJ-5's

J-100 Panel Wagoneers 4door Cherokees (SJ chero's) CJ-6's with the F head 134

W-O pickups with BOTH a PTO winch (Ramsey 8k) and Klune Overdrive. Very rare, Very desirable. I almost got my hands on one this summer. It needed a floor, bed floor, tailgate, was dented to hell and barely ran, still booked at well over 10k.

i saw a couple of the cj10s when i lived in boca raton fl, some one who lives in deerfield beach has an orange cj10 but it wasnt a tug...it was a long bed...i also saw a white one (may be owned by the same guy what are the odds that 2 would be in the same area) i thought it was a kit vehicle till i looked it up online and found them to be very popular in austrailia. do the doors com off the Cj10?

The one FC that i saw is a work vehicle still being used by a roofing company in pompano beach. i came across it on the way home from work. I'm going back in feb to visit. if i can find the company again ill get pictures.

it seems diesel comanches and xj's are getting rare. they are impossible to find (same for deisel rangers and s10's) but wait....jeepco you dad has a stinker huh?

diesel comanches have never been an available commodity. the xj's can be had, but good luck finding an mj.

and yep, he's got one. in need of a restore (hopefully starting soon), but honestly a pretty damn good truck.

jeep_CJ4.jpg

here is your cj4 ...whats so special about it...looks like a stretched 3b

That site must have linked the wrong pic cause that's not the CJ-4. That is either a CJ-3B Long or a modified CJ-3B. I have seen pics of the CJ-4 on other sites also and this it what I have always been shown. I remember one of the other sites mentioned that it was used to plow snow at the factory.

CJ4photo.jpg

This is the "missing link" between the CJ-3A/3B and the CJ-5. Only one unit was built in 1950, and it was one of the first prototype Jeeps to carry the new Willys "Hurricane" F-head engine. It combined the rear of a CJ-3A, the hood that would be seen on the MD model, and a unique grille and skirted fenders on an 81-inch wheelbase. Mechanically, it was pretty standard Jeep. Carrying the engineering code X-151, the rig was sold to a Willys employee in 1955 who worked it for 12 years. It then remained in storage for 25 years, before recently being sold again.

http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Poster/CJ4.html

Would love to get my hands on a Willy's MA. 1553 built before going to the MB. http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Poster/MA.html

But honestly, if you want to find a truly RARE Jeep, just visit e-bay motors. Every other Jeep listed on there is listed as "Rare", or "Hard to find." According to some idiot, my '98 ZJ is rare! WooHoo, I'm rich!!

• 3 weeks later...

how about of the (and i say this tounge -in-cheek) more commonly available jeeps

DRW anything is a rarity. 327 Waggies and J trucks. Dauntless v6 CJ-5's

J-100 Panel Wagoneers 4door Cherokees (SJ chero's) CJ-6's with the F head 134

W-O pickups with BOTH a PTO winch (Ramsey 8k) and Klune Overdrive. Very rare, Very desirable. I almost got my hands on one this summer. It needed a floor, bed floor, tailgate, was dented to hell and barely ran, still booked at well over 10k.

there is a jeep cj5 on craiglist by me, i talked to the guy he wants 800 or will consider trades for quad or stereo. he said it is a dauntless v6 (it doesnt have an engine in it but thats what it was an is still set up for)

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/bar/540650538.html

thats a Piece dude.

'66 CJ-5 with the Dauntless 6 was the top-of-the-line. Rollbars came in 1967 with the Renegade I II pacakges. Also, the Buick was the biggest engine till 1973, but the best ones are the odd-fire 225's out of anything '66-68

Plus, its got a tilt column and looks like provisions for a column auto, CJ-5's didnt get auto till1974 with the 4" extension whenAMC took over

The Jeep Cowboy

It was AMC's answer to the El Camino, however it never took off. They only made three of them, two of which had motors. One with the 258 and the other with a 360. The third was just a demo with a fiberglass body.

71Cowboy.JPG

why did they call it "odd fire"? i noticed the column was different and the steering wheel wasnt right, didnt know about the roll bars. it appears that it has some sort of lift as well not to mention the 31's and white wagon wheels ....the original would have had steelie's with chrome hubcaps right?.

327 Waggies Dauntless v6 CJ-5's

I know where one of each sits...... The waggy the guy uses to drag logs out of his timber to slice into firewood. He won't sell it, I offered to buy him another truck to trade.....

The Dauntless CJ-5, I know of the guy is about 80 and he uses it to plow snow in the winter, he just lets it sit the rest of the year.... The same guy has the plow and the sickle bar mower from an AgriJeep sitting there. I've tried SEVERAL times to buy even the implements from him. His son swears that when Dad finally buys it, he's selling me all the Jeep stuff....

327 Waggies Dauntless v6 CJ-5's

I know where one of each sits...... The waggy the guy uses to drag logs out of his timber to slice into firewood. He won't sell it, I offered to buy him another truck to trade.....

The Dauntless CJ-5, I know of the guy is about 80 and he uses it to plow snow in the winter, he just lets it sit the rest of the year.... The same guy has the plow and the sickle bar mower from an AgriJeep sitting there. I've tried SEVERAL times to buy even the implements from him. His son swears that when Dad finally buys it, he's selling me all the Jeep stuff....

man, sweet stash.

a1awind, it would have the chrome caps if it was a tuxedo park model. just steelies like on a Willys truck came on cj-5's.

The Jeep Cowboy

It was AMC's answer to the El Camino, however it never took off. They only made three of them, two of which had motors. One with the 258 and the other with a 360. The third was just a demo with a fiberglass body.

71Cowboy.JPG

I wouldn't doubt that one of the two that had motors got rear-ended by a truck and became the inspiration for the Gremlin.