3" lift shocks?

what's everyone using these days for 3" lift shocks? (specifically rear, but I haven't purchased the fronts yet, they just happen to be easier to find)

You should be able to get away with stock. I’ve had the rear of my truck completely flexed out and I did not run out of shock travel. 

that was my hope riiiiight until the stock 2wd front shocks came up short and now I'm uncertain.  :(  I guess I can still carry on with the rear suspension and see what happens. 

I went with Bilstein 5125's in the rear pn 33186542. For the fronts I got the 24188197 that are intended for the XJ/MJ. I'm right at 3.25" f/r and they ride much nicer than the Monroe OE spec ones I had before the lift.

40 minutes ago, coheed said:

I went with Bilstein 5125's in the rear pn 33186542. For the fronts I got the 24188197 that are intended for the XJ/MJ. I'm right at 3.25" f/r and they ride much nicer than the Monroe OE spec ones I had before the lift.

This will probably be what I run when I need to put shocks in my truck next time.

I’ve ran all 3 sets of available valving on the 5125’s for the rear. I never found one that was decent for the MJ. As for rear shock selection, measure the compressed and full droop lengths along with the static ride height. Typically 60% up travel from static height is ideal though it can vary depending on the application. If I wasn’t running a custom valved shock specific to the truck, then I’d probably go for with some rancho 5000 series or some oem spec shocks from Monroe or similar. The 5125’s can be had in decent valving for the front (255/70) but they can’t react correctly to the light weight rear imo, so traveling down hill on a windy, rough road feels like the tail end will not stay planted unless the bed has some substantial weight. 

Apparently 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers was bought out and has some items 75% off. I bought some Pro Comp Pro Runner shocks for the XJ for $25.00 EA, regular price was $100. Their website kinda sucks though, I had to pay close attention to get the correct lengths.

I'm running Fox Adventure series on the MJ, it gets better stuff. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...