Clifford Header, single exit

I've been looking around for a performance header now that I'm having a short block assembled.  I ran across a Clifford header that looked interesting.  I was a bit surprised to find it had a single collector and what looks like an O2 AND EGR port.   Most all Cliffords I've seen has the dual collector. 

Anyone have any knowledge of this header?  I'll have a 1994 cylinder head, but I'm planning on running the stock Renix intake manifold.  Owner said he ordered it for a Grand Cherokee 4.0 and never had a chance to use it.

I have heard through this site that Clifford headers have fitment issues especially with the Renix intake, but this particular one looks like it's almost made for Renix.

clifford1.jpg

clifford.jpg

I bet you’ll constantly be fighting with collector gasket leaks with that. Unless you have emissions, I wouldn’t bother looking for one with an EGR port, but having one isn’t necessarily bad either. 

3 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I bet you’ll constantly be fighting with collector gasket leaks with that. Unless you have emissions, I wouldn’t bother looking for one with an EGR port, but having one isn’t necessarily bad either. 

Why collector gasket leaks?  Are Clifford headers known for leaking at the collector donut or something?  It looks like the same collector joint as stock.

I'd deleted my EGR, so no need for the EGR port.  I was just going to plug it anyway if I decided to buy this header.  .

49 minutes ago, coolwind57 said:

Why collector gasket leaks?  Are Clifford headers known for leaking at the collector donut or something?  It looks like the same collector joint as stock.

I'd deleted my EGR, so no need for the EGR port.  I was just going to plug it anyway if I decided to buy this header.  .

It looks to me like its got a three bolt flange at the collector. Those ones do not use a donut, but rather a regular gasket, which are prone to blowing out, if they ever seal.

If I were you, I'd run a stock HO exhaust manifold with a 99+ horseshoe intake manifold and then make an adapter to put the Renix TB on the HO intake. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think that you'll even notice a difference with this header. 

15 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

It looks to me like its got a three bolt flange at the collector. Those ones do not use a donut, but rather a regular gasket, which are prone to blowing out, if they ever seal.

Well dang, I don't know how I missed that in the pic. 

15 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

If I were you, I'd run a stock HO exhaust manifold with a 99+ horseshoe intake manifold and then make an adapter to put the Renix TB on the HO intake.

I appreciate the advice.  I already have a 7120 head port-matched to my Renix intake.  I think I'll be ok with this setup for now.  I do have a bored Renix throttle body already as well.  I'm working on getting ready to delete the down pipe "crush".  And I just pulled the trigger on a Banks Revolver header this morning.  My block is .040" over with the "RV" cam. 

Perhaps I'll eventually experiment with a 99+ intake to see if I get any seat-of-the-pants difference.  But I think I'll be ok.

11 hours ago, Eagle_SX4 said:

It looks like the oxygen sensor wouldn't be reading the back 3 cylinders. Which also might cause some issues.

I'd be interested in the logic behind this from Cliffords. 

7 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

6=8 :laugh:

It can be true, but the engine needs to be built, not just bolted on to 😁

I ran a Clifford manifold, and header on my 258 and it was good, not great but that's because my engine wasn't blueprinted.

To fix exhaust leaks look to remflex.com

they make THE BEST exhaust/intake gaskets

3 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

Does that tag say 4.2L?

As I look into it more, it does appear to say 4.2. The owner told me he got it for his Grand Cherokee and said that it fits 4.0.  Oh well, I passed on it anyhow and scored a Banks Revolver.