Have you said Thank You.....

CWLONGSHOT

http://www.gratitudecampaign.org/fullmovie.php

I know we have a more than couple people on here who qualify...

THANK YOU, thank you for what your doing and what you have done fore me, my family and our country!!!

Merry Christmas, CW

Agree 100% CW. Watched the clip, dayem, never got anything like that back in the day passing through CONUS (or any other) airports. My ultimate sincere thanks to the present day troops for doing their patriotic duty, carrying on the tradition as all your brothers and sisters did in the past. :USAflag: jamminz.gif :USAflag:

MOst defiantely thank them. I have been known to buy soldiers/airman drinks in the airport as they wait. I have a few friends over in the sandbox right now... and they recieve packages from me every couple of months filled with things they need/enjoy.

Just so you know.. a kind word or a card can make a persons day when they are in the dumps in a foriegn country

MOst defiantely thank them. I have been known to buy soldiers/airman drinks in the airport as they wait. I have a few friends over in the sandbox right now... and they recieve packages from me every couple of months filled with things they need/enjoy.

Just so you know.. a kind word or a card can make a persons day when they are in the dumps in a foriegn country

Hey you guys have no clue how good it feels to get a package from home... Even though the px's are getting better over there, the best stuff is from home.

I don't know how they have it set up in Iraq or Afghanistan. When I was in Viet Nam, our "post office" was a conex container. The "postmaster" stood on the open door and read off names at mail call.

Ain't nothin' lonelier than standing in the crowd in front of that Conex container and not hearing your name called ... again.

I don't know how they have it set up in Iraq or Afghanistan. When I was in Viet Nam, our "post office" was a conex container. The "postmaster" stood on the open door and read off names at mail call.

Ain't nothin' lonelier than standing in the crowd in front of that Conex container and not hearing your name called ... again.

pretty much the same.. except it goes down your chain. supply will go get mail then it goes from there.

But I tell ya, nothings worse then having the 1st Sergeant just set mail down on the side for a fallen soldier.

who says we get addresses from those CC members involved in the military or any other service and send them packages while deployed?

motion to gather info anyone? i know i'd send something.

I can get addresses for anyone interested in sending care packages, Christmas cards or just a thank you note, to deployed soldiers. PM me.

who says we get addresses from those CC members involved in the military or any other service and send them packages while deployed?

motion to gather info anyone? i know i'd send something.

I can get addresses for anyone interested in sending care packages, Christmas cards or just a thank you note, to deployed soldiers. PM me.

Been doing this for years. Anyone can obtain addresses simply by calling or emailing a military base of your choice PAO office (public affairs office) and they will be happy to oblige.

I have a friend from a Guard unit deployed there now, thats who I have been sending stuff too.. if you want his address PM me and I will be happy to hand it over.

Robert is pretty cool too.. didnt know it.. but his wife cousin goes to church with my family, and when my wife had her Sunday School class (6-8 yr old) make christmas cards, for his squad.. he made sure everyone got one, and even shared his cake and candy that was sent along as well :cheers: