Source for A pillar door seal

3 hours ago, cruiser54 said:

It's 3 designs. I knew of the flimsy early one, then the more rigid one. I did NOT know of the one that fits on the metal rail. 

Any chance you have the part numbers for the different early models? I’ve only seen original and aftermarket versions of the same early style seal along with the foam pieces on some originals. 

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up installing some door seal material, clipped onto the original angle rubber piece.  This material is factory style door seal for an Austin Healey Sprite.  The bubble closes tightly on the door.  It has reduced some of my wind noise.  However, my window seals are shot so there is still more to fix!

20230403_175412.JPG

20230403_175444.JPG

20230403_175451.JPG

• 6 months later...

I reached out to Precision about this in the middle of COVID. I grew frustrated after waiting almost a year to get only one side and it not being right after waiting 6 months prior to finally being told the xj 2dr window kits were nla(that's changed). I was given a direct number through Jegs to a direct tech at Precision. Supposedly they changed or said they would the listing for this part# issue. I went through the yard explaining the three styles and the year changes since all were present here at the time. They had no clue and seemed like it was a total surprise. They had me email pics and info. I also went out of my way to find the different pictures and part numbers of what I could find. So they had proof and clear understanding of the difference in the sheet metal. I was assured the listing would be changed across the board and they would work on making the others. I never followed up though since. The more people reach out, the more opportunities may arise. The aftermarket has shown us this at some of the toughest times the global economy has ever faced. So put the pressure on and maybe they'll step up like soo many other companies have.

I was able to find my other piece. I'm going to use plastic retainers and 3m super weatherstrip adhesive to install them. But I would like to limber them up first. I don't have any diesel rigs. I wonder what else I might use to make them more pliable?

I'm reading silicon sprays can soften old rubber., and I have silicon spray on the shelf. Or a solution of a solution of three parts isopropyl alcohol and one part methyl salicylate (wintergreen oil) but I don't happen to have any of that laying around.

3 hours ago, EUREKA said:

I'm reading silicon sprays can soften old rubber., and I have silicon spray on the shelf. Or a solution of a solution of three parts isopropyl alcohol and one part methyl salicylate (wintergreen oil) but I don't happen to have any of that laying around.

Diesel also works great