Recommendations for Speakers

I have a sony radio I put in my MJ from pretty much day one. The stock or previous owner's speakers sound pretty bad with it. I'm about to actually have a carpet and sound deadening, so I'm sure they will at least be more audible then, but I'm looking for some better after market speakers that will fit without having to trim or bulge the door cards and B-pillars. Not sure if I wanna get an amp eventually, but does anybody have a good recommendation for speakers?

Nah IF I got an amp, it wouldn't be for a WHILE. I got a feeling when I have an actual complete interior, sound deadening, and new speakers its gonna sound amazing as is.

That and I'd hate to take up even more of the tiny amount of room I have already.

16 hours ago, Warren99 said:

Nah IF I got an amp, it wouldn't be for a WHILE. I got a feeling when I have an actual complete interior, sound deadening, and new speakers its gonna sound amazing as is.

That and I'd hate to take up even more of the tiny amount of room I have already.

That's what I just did, sound deadening, friggin headliner is in and it does sound and look much nicer. I picked up some tweeters from the junk yard the other day, and plan to pop them in this Summer when I install my rubber floor mat.

I tried installing the rubber floor mat but here in WA in Jan it was too cold, so for now I'll just run 4x speakers and work on other items

Depends on your budget. if you can, give us a number and we can give suggestions. There are also some strategic installation techniques that can help. As a tule of thumb, you want to prevent the sound from the back of the speaker from interfering with the front. This is particularly an issue with the b pillars if you decide to install speaker there.

4 hours ago, ghetdjc320 said:

Depends on your budget. if you can, give us a number and we can give suggestions. There are also some strategic installation techniques that can help. As a tule of thumb, you want to prevent the sound from the back of the speaker from interfering with the front. This is particularly an issue with the b pillars if you decide to install speaker there.

I can't really give a specific number aside from cheaper is better, I'm a senior in HS. But I'm in no rush, I bet the sound deadening, and actually having a carpet and rear cab panel thing will alone improve the sound a lot. Eventually I wanna replace the speakers, whether I spend $40 on each pair or $100 on each pair, it's gonna sound better than the either OEM or old cheap aftermarket ones I have in now.

I put kickers in my MJ and WJ. For the money decent speakers, not the best but they do good. Look on ebay or crutchfield for open box items as those can save you some cash. I put about $500 in my system for all new speakers, deck, amp, sub and wiring to give you an idea. I went with open box and refurb to keep cost low. 

the speakers I put in the KJ and the Cruiser were about 25-30 a pair.  plenty good enough for a radio with an internal amp.  :L:  of course in the KJ I stole the rear outputs and fed them into a cheap "1000w" amp for my subwoofer. :D  there's no way it's actually putting out 1k, but it's good enough for a noisy diesel Jeep.  :jammin: