Tommy Boy. On the road to bad decisions...

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, fiatslug87 said:

Whatcha bending???

Gonna build an exo cage.  I need to do body work and paint first.

I may also end up bending some steering and/or suspension pieces depending on how exactly everything lays out.

I'm doing 1.75" OD for the cage.  Probably get a die for 2" for the suspension and steering. The bender can do up to 0.250" wall tubing.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Once the sheet metal work is done, I'm going to be doing a full sandblast to bare metal and a full repaint.  Once the paint dries, I'm going to want to do some kind of a liner inside and not run carpet.  Maybe have a rubber floor mat at most.

I'm trying to figure out the best liner to run.  I want something more than bed liner.  I've been considering LizardSkin, going with the sound deadener, ceramic heat insulation, and then a top coat.

Does anyone have good experience with LizardSkin or one of their competitors? Any suggestions on alternatives to look at?

2 hours ago, 89 MJ said:

I know it’s just a bedliner, but my dad ran Raptor Liner in his YJ. It was about as quiet as the stock carpet. 

How did it handle heat?

Seemed to do great. My dad has been using it under customer cars for his restoration shop for over 15 years (hits the bottom sides of the floors and inside the fenders with the product), it was inside his YJ, and its in the bed of my MJ. It seems to handle heat very well. I haven't seen it fail yet. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...