Tommy Boy. On the road to bad decisions...

So I picked up a new to me project rig.  It is going to replace my previous project.  It's @MeanLemons old project that came to me via @Smokeyyank.

1674500898559.png.8d7f199d2f15de39aa5243c9f45a775d.png

It has a lot of work done already that I was going to do with my other project.  Mostly the frame stiffeners and long arms.

I'm going to take this one several steps further.  I have a Dana 60/80 combo to replace the 44s.  I'm going to 4 link the rear and probably bob it further.

Not sure about engine and trans yet.  More to come.

I love these types of projects that get passed around and have more hands on them than a yearbook! :popcorn:

1 hour ago, derf said:

… and probably bob it further.

Suppose you won’t be needing those rear bumper brackets then, eh? 

49 minutes ago, neohic said:

I love these types of projects that get passed around and have more hands on them than a yearbook! :popcorn:

Suppose you won’t be needing those rear bumper brackets then, eh? 

Oh, I'll still need them for my other Comanche.  I have an idea for it...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some progress on the axles.  I didn't grab a picture but the truss is on the front Dana 60 and it's ready for final install on the gears.  Still have to weld the crossover steering bits to the knuckles. 

The Dana 80 has all of the brackets cleaned off and the 5.38 gears and ARB locker installed.  That took some bigger tools than a regear of a 30 or 44.

20230604_202831.jpg.61c67d3e50c1956d3e7181809dedf1dc.jpg

Last of the brake parts came in for the rear.  So it's together and ready to go.  I'll get a few more parts on the front 60 and stow it for the time being.

20230628_203820.jpg.005c14343be81149e316729e8402a4d8.jpg20230628_205640.jpg.6833bd1dcd6f0920551dc55b74037451.jpg

But before I get much further it's time to address an old nemesis. 

20230628_210131.jpg.da09e2b44e2c49d6ef364daaaf117eb7.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

:popcorn: I'm looking forward to the cage part of the build I'm assuming is eventually on the way with those amazing diffs. I hope you guys do even more videos of the cage work. I don't care how boring some may think it of the tiny details. All of it's good resources here. I'll be having good dreams tonight after watching these videos.

9 hours ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

:popcorn: I'm looking forward to the cage part of the build I'm assuming is eventually on the way with those amazing diffs. I hope you guys do even more videos of the cage work. I don't care how boring some may think it of the tiny details. All of it's good resources here. I'll be having good dreams tonight after watching these videos.

Yeah, it's on the way.  I have to pull the drivetrain and do some body work.  Then paint. Then the cage will probably be done.  This is a slow project but I will have videos of most of it.