WTB SWB MJ

majastee508

:yeahthat:

I see alot of swb mj’s on marketplace, I’d suggest looking for a 2wd and converting it if you want 4wd since 2wd trucks are the ones that live. Or buying someone else’s unfinished project isn’t a bad idea either  

ive been keeping an eye on marketplace but seeing mostly longbeds pop up locally. have a hard time getting info from some sellers as well. i sold my last mj about 2.5 years ago (regret it) that i had converted to 4x4 using a 97 xj donor. i purchased a gladiator soon after the swap and it wasnt being used so i let it go. now realizing that wasnt what i should have done with it. hopefully going to look at one tomorrow night. if all goes well ill post it up

thanks @jpnjake. the white one is a 4cyl and couldnt get any other info out of the owner. the black one in evrett looks nice and clean but is also a 4cyl and 2wd so not really what I'm after. the red 91 in ct isnt currently running but looks solid underneath and is also a 2wd model. id prefer not to start with a 2wd although not out of the question for the right deal. having to grab an xj to complete the swap just adds to the overall upfront cost and additional labor. trying to hold out for a factory 4x4 for now.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, majastee508 said:

Thank you all for the added support in trying to track down a new to me Comanche. I was able to find a 92 eliminator locally and it will be a project for sure but is a running driving factory 4x4. 

Awesome! Don’t forget to add the vin the the registry here :L:

• 1 month later...

It's always worth waiting for what you want.  I spent 3 years looking for mine.  Ended up in a very similar spec, Eliminator 4x4 with  and an AX15.  I wanted AC too.

I seriously considered purchasing one as far away as Phoenix, and they weren't necessarily what I wanted.  Finally ended up finding the exact truck in Reading, PA only a 5 hour drive away.  It was a 3 owner truck with 250k miles, perfectly straight body and only one rust hole to address. 

Congratulations on finding your Comanche!