3" with 31 10fittys

so my 89 is lifted 3" with spacers and shackles... i have 31 10fittys on 15x8s with about 3.5" of backspace....

youve seen my fender cutting, without the swaybar and my suspension maxed, my front tires rub the fender ALL over...

i want 33s... so what do you think i should go with on my lift plans??

I'm thinking SOA rear, 4.5" coils with acos and custom fabbed long arms.. as well as trim my front fenders more...

anyone have a setup lift similar to this? what size tires and wheels you got?

You need rims with more backspacing. I ran 31x10.50s with a Trailmaster 4" lift and no trimming. Other guys in the club have run 33x9.50s with no trimming and 3" to 4" of lift. In fact, on stock rims you can run 31x10.50s with no lift at all.

It's all about proper fender cutting bumpstopping rim/ tire choice and proper shock set-up.

This is a picture of a fully stuffed 33"x10.5"-15" on a 15"x7" rim with 4" of backspacing. It has 3.5" of lift with 2" bumpstops and 9.5" travel shocks. It can steer from lock to lock without any rubbing.

lfflex_sm.jpg

It still looks good with the gap filled.

filledgap_sm.jpg

It also uses a modified stock fender liner.

FrontFlareRight_sm.jpg

If you need more room it can be done. This is the same tire combo with 6" of lift. With 3" of lift and fenders cut like this 33"x12.5" tires won't come close to rubbing. They would probably clear with no lift and stock shocks. The flares are raised about 5" and the fenders have a ton of steel removed.

Image Not Found

and still have no gaps...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

My goal is to stuff a Q78-15" tire(35.5") with 12" travel shocks and 3.5" of bumpstop without rubbing. If it clears at this of lift it would also clear with 4.5"...

It will have 65" wide axles and about 7.5" of lift spring over. The rims will be 15"x7.5" with 4" of backspacing.

As you can see there is a ton of room. I will also be adding a full inner fender liner.

Image Not Found

SOA rear, ZJ coils and ACOS (maxed out) in the front, 31X10.50's on stock BS YJ alloys. Plenty of room in the front, but the rear is the problem with BS on the swapped in XJ D44. If I go to 33's like that (which I'm not) I'm probably gonna rub the inner sidewalls on the frame in the rear. I've got a set of 15X8 wheels with 4.25" BS that would alleviate the rubbing problem, but then the fenders get in the way. Think I'm going 31 or 32" MT's but sticking with 10.5 width at the most.

Jeff

Image Not Found

SOA rear, ZJ coils and ACOS (maxed out) in the front, 31X10.50's on stock BS YJ alloys. Plenty of room in the front, but the rear is the problem with BS on the swapped in XJ D44. If I go to 33's like that (which I'm not) I'm probably gonna rub the inner sidewalls on the frame in the rear. I've got a set of 15X8 wheels with 4.25" BS that would alleviate the rubbing problem, but then the fenders get in the way. Think I'm going 31 or 32" MT's but sticking with 10.5 width at the most. Jeff

What about some quality 1/4" or 1/2" spacers w. longer studs to move 'em out a bit Jeff?

ed92_1.JPG

That's an option, definately. But, 31's with 4.56's and the doggy 2.5 work pretty well together. I'm afraid that a heavier tire might cause issues. If it was a 4.0, or even a 2.5 with MPI (llike the TJ :brows: ) that'd probably be the way I'd go.

yeah in the rear, my tires almost rub the inside of the bed wheel well... so 12fittys on my wheels won't work, at least not well..

i cut my front fenders, maybe 1/2"...i plan on cutting the hell out of them next weekend... but ill have to fold the inner seam pinch weld over because it rubs there too....

bumpstops?? WHY?? LOL

yeah in the rear, my tires almost rub the inside of the bed wheel well... so 12fittys on my wheels won't work, at least not well..

Nope, on stock rims 12.50s won't work. The 31x10.50s on mine would rub the inner shoulder of the tread on the inner fender well when the rear suspension was crossed up. There would be new black rubber marks back there after every wheeling trip. I don't think 12.50s would even clear the leaf springs on OEM rims.

You definitely need either different rims, or spacers.

the plan is as follows from here out

4.5" soft coils with ACOSS

custom long arms up front

SOA rear with revolvers

bilstein bypass shocks

34 10.5 LTBs or 33x13.50 LTBs

maybe even 33 14.5 boggers in the back and 33 15.00 tsls up front, who knows... but cragar soft 8s with an extra 1.5" of BS to get the tires out a little and out of all the BJ(barbie jeep) ruts