Is the Jeep Comanche coming back?

Limeyjeeper

oh!  guess I made an assumption when  I heard rumors of the Liberty coming back and the Wagoneer name being used (as opposed to the already used Grand Wagoneer).  that's a lot of Jeep models at the same time.  eeeeenteresting...  :brows: 

16 hours ago, Pete M said:

oh!  guess I made an assumption when  I heard rumors of the Liberty coming back and the Wagoneer name being used (as opposed to the already used Grand Wagoneer).  that's a lot of Jeep models at the same time.  eeeeenteresting...  :brows: 

The Wagoneer is a bigger vehicle than the Grand Cherokee, not just a higher trim level.

That article, although interesting makes my head hurt. It obvious the writer just thows ideas out there without any real knowlege of what he is talking about. Like the suspension travel being better because it is "body on frame" vs unibody. One could argue that infact the opposite could be true.

It doesn’t look to me like a legitimate site. Just a clickbait headline with enough content to attract attention so they can collect ad revenue. There isn’t even much actual content there, just “other manufacturers are doing it and there was that concept a while back… makes sense they might” fluffed out to look like they’re saying something. 

IMHO - if Stellantis decides to go after the small truck (Maverick) market it makes a better business case to do so as a Ram product.  The general public perceives Jeep as an off-road/SUV company and Ram as a truck company, which would make a small pickup from Ram more acceptable.

The development of a small Ram pickup is complicated by the proposed 2024 re-introduction of the Dakota as a mid-sixe pickup.  I think Stellantis would want the Dakota to have time to develop its own market share before introducing a smaller pickup that could take sales from Dakota.

Jeep is currently heavily involved with electrifying/promoting its existing products and any new product would most likely be an EV SUV.

I also think that any small truck introduced would be a derivative product from an existing platform, almost guaranteeing that the base model would be FWD and probably hybrid.