junkyards are cool...

Pete M

Was at a 'yard buying up some 8.8s and asked if they had any MJs. Walked away with a great headliner (already re-upholstered) and a nice black cloth bench seat (unfortunately it doesn't have the headrests, did they even come in 86 MJs?) I would have bought the black door panels too, but they wouldn't part them from the doors and $120 was not in the budget for panels.

I would, and I bet I know someone else who would... *thumbs at Jeepco*, but I am getting an entire black interior with my new 86 so I don't need to.

The black bench I am getting for my 86 is from an 88, no headrests either. Did the benches have headrests? All the MJ benches I have seen didn't even have spots for em.

Alex

Some did have headrests. The 88 MJ (the one I owned but some how didn't keep) had them and so did the 91 that was at that yard (rough shape though). Browsing through my 86 brochure I can't find a single shot that shows a bench with headrests.

Oh, and if anyone really wants those panels, PM me and I'll tell you where they are in Central Ohio. They were in decent shape.

gotta love the AMC era black interiors :D

If and when I go full blown on my MJ, I'll be stripping my interior, and will make sure to recycle it with you guys. :cheers:

Jeff

edit: I do have the black vinyl bench from it since I swapped in buckets, if anyone wants it they can have it. Driver side azz compartment is shot, but otherwise intact. No headreasts, either.

I am just 9 miles away from the JY and drive by all the time, if anyone wants me to pick them up so you can pick up over the weekend PM me and we can work something out.

CET, can you go check out the rear trim, seat belts, lower trim, and B-pillar trim?

and let me know the price, what kind of shape it's in. if you can box it (loosely...the tighter you box plastic like that the easier it breaks), I'm sure you can ship me all of that for less than $70.

I'd really like to get it if you can check it out....

thanks,

Pat