I think I can confirm, no more walker shortbed pipes.

m2bandit

After a year I think it's time to end the experiment.

The "expected ship date" used to push out every 2 weeks, then every 2 months.

I contacted customer service at Summit a few times, no one could be bothered to contact walker.

Even at this point canceling a year later the customer support didn't care. Times have certainly changed for summit.

walker.PNG.979f2f97b162d7b7d2460e40ebbbb59b.PNG

Well, that's kind of a shame. Guess I picked the right time to replace mine. Guess it'll be a custom bent stainless piece when this one rusts out.

I would like to point out that the quality of the steel on these was always kinda garbage - my southern truck is on its third tailpipe in 31 years, two of them being Walker. I know this because I have a receipt for its replacement in 2001. These weren't high quality parts, and if something is going to go obsolete for our trucks, an easily replicated exhaust part is probably one thing we can survive without.

It is unfortunate that we are losing a replacement piece for these. I wouldn't be surprised if another manufacturer starts making these up again at some point since so many other pieces for these trucks are starting to get reproduced. 

I reached out to Walker in Oct for the LB tailpipe.  I was told that supplies were back ordered.  New stock would not be available until Nov - Dec. I went to a local muffler shop to replace mine.

I would suspect that SB exhausts are similar.

I had the local exhaust shop bend me up Some spares out of stainless, I believe it was 304. He’s a real cool Guy that’s cousins with my former boss. Not sure how logistics would work out but if anybody was serious I’m sure he could bend some more up for me. I still have one spare that he can use as a template. He made it a little bit longer where the tail pipe exits, which can be cut to whatever length you desire. Normally he uses steel hangers, in my case he used stainless hangers, but That is an additional cost

237454F9-FC52-424C-BFEB-2CF36B2F2EEE.png

866B1EF8-BC59-4850-B7B5-511A4A45A09D.png

2 minutes ago, 87MJTIM said:

I reached out to Walker in Oct for the LB tailpipe.  I was told that supplies were back ordered.  New stock would not be available until Nov - Dec. I went to a local muffler shop to replace mine.

I would suspect that SB exhausts are similar.

I have a feeling walker could get exhaust pipe at some point during the entire year or 2022.

I agree with Minuit no huge loss here. Actually a gain. I purchased it with a gift card which is why I let it go so long. Now they're sending me a check. I'd rather that money go to a local shop anyway. The biggest disappointment is how summit handled it, or didn't handle it.