Stock of 209 Primers?

Dzimm

Anyone happen to know where I could get some Winchester 209 primers?  Late muzzleloader season is right around the corner and after 2 years of not being able to find them anywhere I am getting a little desperate.  Unfortunately I didn't have a great supply of them going into this mess and now I am down to 28 primers left.  That's plenty to get me through several deer seasons but I actually quite enjoy target shooting black powder as well so it's a bit of a problem.

I do have a percussion cap breech plug for one of my inline rifles as well as an old cap rifle and cap revolver so I have stuff I can shoot although I can't find no11 caps right now either.

Just hoping someone knows of a shop that has inventory or maybe a schedule for a big box of when they are showing up on the shelves.

6 minutes ago, watchamakalit said:

I have had good luck finding reloading components at ammoseek.com

Other than that check your local gun shop? Or maybe walmart?  Not sure. Havent used 209s in years.

I hadn't used ammoseek before, that's pretty slick!  One place came up with them, Southern Munitions.  I've never heard of them before but they look legit, and triple the regular price plus shipping but what's new these days...  I'll keep that bookmarked for now as it's the only stock I've seen online that's not on an obvious scam site.

I definitely prefer to buy this stuff local but just can't find it.  I live close to Des Moines and gone to every place that sells this stuff I can think of and it's the same story, "when we do get some in, they are gone within an hour".

I'm hoping demand for shotshell primers come down after the seasons close and it's not on people's minds as much.

Ammoseek is legit and the reviews they get for the sites seem to be spot on. Other than that I think only option is getting friendly with local shop and finding out when they get shipments in so you can be there when they unload the truck.

• 1 month later...

I have reloading dies for all my guns and have been keeping everything in stock except 209 primers. I don’t shoot shotgun much and have more shells than I’ll ever use. When l go to the range I always dig through the spent brass barrel and take anything useful, especially if there’s a full box of something.